AO delivery experiences - rough or careful

Options
Evening All.
Just wondering if you have had a washing-machine/fridge size item delivered by AO (or their agents) and what their delivery people are like.
Do their delivery people handle the goods carefully, or are they rough with the items?

Thanks

Comments

• swingaloo
    swingaloo Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a washing machine delivered from AO and they also took away my old one as a thank you for ordering from them (1st time order). There were 3 guys, they were polite and careful. They unpacked and checked the machine before leaving. They were brilliant at calling when on route as well. No complaints from me.
  • oldernonethewiser
    oldernonethewiser Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    My sister had a tumble drier from them.  Guys arrived dumped it in her garage and left her to it.  No suggestion of them unboxing or removing the packaging or putting the drier in the utility room next to the garage.

Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• mark_cycling00
    mark_cycling00 Posts: 542 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Had a few deliveries from AO. 
    A nice lady installed a dishwasher and took away the old one.
    A guy installed a washing machine and removed the old one 
    The tumble dryer I didn't pay for installation. They left it boxed and close to where I it was going to be used.

I think the installers work for lots of companies. 

If you're in a house and the appliance is going on the ground floor then it will probably be fine. For a 4floor apartment with no lift or parking then by then time then get it up all those steps they might be getting a bit rough with it. 

Everyone involved tries to force extra insurance on you. Just say no to them all
  • Tescodealqueen
    Tescodealqueen Posts: 1,197 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    There are a number of delivery options so you pick and pay if you want disconnection, connection, unboxing, recycling etc. I have had 5 large appliances from Ao with various options and each time the delivery team have been careful, professional and efficient. If you think you may need more than a single purchase in a year their 5star membership is good value. Hoping that I need no more replacement appliances for a while I have just easily cancelled the membership renewal
  • Cloth_of_Gold
    Cloth_of_Gold Posts: 894 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered a flat screen TV from them and it was delivered without any problems. I ordered a washing machine (including the disconnection and connection service) from them for a friend and it was also fine. They even put a load on to test it was working properly. The two items were delivered to two completely different parts of the country.
  • abc987
    abc987 Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've never purchased anything from AO. I was just wondering if they are like Currys.
  • FlimFlam01
    FlimFlam01 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Never had any problems with the delivery, always carried out to the options selected when ordering.  They do like to phone you the day after you order to try and flog you their warranty though.
  • Jaybee_16
    Jaybee_16 Posts: 429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They only deliver and instal to floor level. 
    Bought a washing machine from AO and paid for installation, two men delivered and set up fine.
    Was going to order a tumble dryer to go on a shelf above the washing machine, but AO would only deliver to the property and unpack on the floor but not lift onto the shelf.
    Bought at a local independent and not a problem. Since then I've shopped at independents who quite happily price match so it's no more expensive than AO/Currys.
  • Penguin_
    Penguin_ Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have bought a fridge-freezer, washing machine & tumble drier from them (not all at once). 

Each time they put the item where I asked them to, unpackaged & set up.

They're great to be fair.
  • ChooseLife
    ChooseLife Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I've bought a couple of items from AO and never had any issues.  Always delivered on time, nice delivery men who handled items with care, and items brought into house and placed where I wanted them.  Like others have said, you choose the delivery/installation options at checkout on placing your order.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback