We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

BEWARE PARCEL2GO SCAM - OVERWEIGHT WHEN IT IS NOT!

ultimatefighter
ultimatefighter Posts: 137 Forumite
100 Posts Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 9 January at 3:44AM in Praise, vent & warnings
I sent a parcel to Germany. Weighed it, 1.9kg exactly. Measured it, put in the 100% correct measurements. 

I received an email from Parcel2go: 

Thank you for booking with us and using UPS to send your parcel.

Unfortunately we’ve received notification from your chosen courier UPS that your recent parcel P2G120998873 has incurred an additional charge.

UPS has indicated that your recent parcel P2G120998873 weighed or measured more than originally declared during the booking process.

UPS have therefore issued you an additional charge to cover the full cost of delivery. You can learn more about additional charges here

Here are the details of the order:

Name of Charge

Description

Declared Measurements

Actual Measurements

Cost
+VAT

Weight Discrepancy

The declared weight and the actual or volumetric weight differ.

1.9 kg

9.50 kg

£18.99

Administration Fee

Due to the increased cost in processing misdeclarations, which include identifying and handling the parcel, an administration charge has been added to the total cost.

£2.50

TOTAL

£21.49

Upon using the UPS website to see the problem and telephoning them, it says there is a customs fee of €15 Euros which is £12. So parcel2go wanted to make £12 from me by sending me a completely bogus email and having me pay them and then they pay my customs fee disguised as "overweight" 

I emailed and asked them "how is it possible for headphone parts to weigh 10 kilos?" The DJ Headphone headset parts are for 50mm drivers that go into the headphones that come in a box. The package weight of the actual product wit the parts and apple style weighted box for no reason is 1.2kg but the boxing and taping and protection material adds another 600kg or so. 

What should i do about this as this is scandalous 

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 13,002 Forumite
    Second Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Just ask them for the evidence of the overweight... when I had similar they sent the photo of the parcel on the auto weighing/measuring conveyor belt and clearly showed that there was no gap between my parcel and the next parcel and so the machine had measured them as one rather than two.  Was simple to contest and the fees were waived. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.