Wrong phone sent

Options
Hello I got sent the wrong phone with the carphone warehouse.i noticed it within a week and phoned them.this was in November the 11when it arrived.i have phones them at least six times since, Promised they wood look into it and give me a response.not one single phone call off them.a cheaper phone arrived without the 5g.two months on, citizens advice can't help, trading standards can't solve it either.phoned them again today same old been sent to the wrong department.the obumsman can't help either unless you send them a letter.not worth the expensive stamps for something they did wrong by sending me the wrong phone in the first place. No protection for consumers even from the big companies.im at a loss.im not ritch,I should need to phone them to be told the same rubbish.cant afford solicitors fees etc  as all I did was order a phone.please advice as it's stressful and they will get away with doing this to customers x

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,774 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 January at 9:16PM
    Options
    Can afford a new phone but can’t afford a stamp? That’s an interesting take.

what model did you order and what have you received?

Have you used their complaints procedure, which does have an email address?
    https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/terms-and-conditions/complaints
    What did they say they would do when you spoke to them the first time? Did they ask you to return the phone?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 430 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It's odd that it took you a week to realise you had been sent the wrong phone.  Where there no model numbers on the box? Did you open the box and use the phone?
    As elsien says, if you're unhappy with the retailer than the first thing to do is follow their complaints procedure.  I assume Citizen's Advice couldn't help because you hadn't followed the retailers complaint's procedure?
    Have you tried chargeback/Section 75?
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    tracyken said:
    Hello I got sent the wrong phone with the carphone warehouse.i noticed it within a week and phoned them.this was in November the 11when it arrived.i have phones them at least six times since, Promised they wood look into it and give me a response.not one single phone call off them.a cheaper phone arrived without the 5g.two months on, citizens advice can't help, trading standards can't solve it either.phoned them again today same old been sent to the wrong department.the obumsman can't help either unless you send them a letter.not worth the expensive stamps for something they did wrong by sending me the wrong phone in the first place. No protection for consumers even from the big companies.im at a loss.im not ritch,I should need to phone them to be told the same rubbish.cant afford solicitors fees etc  as all I did was order a phone.please advice as it's stressful and they will get away with doing this to customers x

How did you contact them initially? Did you follow the complaints procedure as outlined in the previous post?

If you've just spoken to an agent on the phone and nothing else - you might want to put your complaint in writing, outlining what's happened, who you spoke to and when, and asking them to resolve the problem at the earliest opportunity.

They have an email option if you don't want to use a stamp.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 3,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I don't really understand why given the cost, number and variation of models of phones you didn't check it carefully when it arrived to ensure it was exactly as ordered and on the delivery slip/email order confirmation.

How did you identify it was the wrong phone, and given it presumably works, and you've been using it for a few weeks?? (Not all areas necessarily have 5G for example)

Cynically, is this really a case of buyers remorse as you overspent and want to find a way of getting a full refund?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback