copy dvd to usb flash drive

13»

Comments

• Jenna_Appleseed
    Jenna_Appleseed Posts: 4,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    What type of DVD? Blu-ray, 4K etc?
    Blu-ray isn't a 'type of dvd' it's a completely separate format that needs a blu-ray compatible player etc.
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
  • cerebus
    cerebus Posts: 661 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Aidanmc said:
    cerebus said:
    Aidanmc said:
    Just another query........
    It replays ok on laptop using VLC media player, but when i try plugging directly into back of TV it plays glitchy, stop/starting and no sound......just wondering why this is and is it fixable?
    Not used makemkv but I'm guessing that it converts into the mkv file format? If that's the case chances are the tv doesn't recognise it or the codec , you will probably need to convert the mkv into a file that the tv can play such as mpeg4 or avi

My telly has issues with mkv files and their codes it will play some but not others, forcing me to convert them 

Yeah i think its converted to MKV file format.
    I think you ar right that it needs converted

Give it a try , convert to mpeg,  stick it on a ntfs formatted stick and see it it will play on your telly!
  • Aidanmc
    Aidanmc Posts: 730 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    cerebus said:
    Aidanmc said:
    cerebus said:
    Aidanmc said:
    Just another query........
    It replays ok on laptop using VLC media player, but when i try plugging directly into back of TV it plays glitchy, stop/starting and no sound......just wondering why this is and is it fixable?
    Not used makemkv but I'm guessing that it converts into the mkv file format? If that's the case chances are the tv doesn't recognise it or the codec , you will probably need to convert the mkv into a file that the tv can play such as mpeg4 or avi

My telly has issues with mkv files and their codes it will play some but not others, forcing me to convert them 

Yeah i think its converted to MKV file format.
    I think you ar right that it needs converted

Give it a try , convert to mpeg,  stick it on a ntfs formatted stick and see it it will play on your telly!

I tried it, and it works perfect on my TV.
    Thanks
  • oldernonethewiser
    oldernonethewiser Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    What type of DVD? Blu-ray, 4K etc?
    Blu-ray isn't a 'type of dvd' it's a completely separate format that needs a blu-ray compatible player etc.

I should have asked what type of content as the intent was to establish what potential file size for the conversion might be needed.

I am aware that the Blu-ray format was a successor to DVD

Glad to know that the OP has it all sorted now.

Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback