The best way to block off this fireplace
Hello, we have this ugly old fireplace in an upstairs bedroom. Recently some of the thin wood panelling has come loose (top left hand corner as you look at the photo) and small bits of debris/rubble fell out. I tried pushing it back in place but to no avail. Can anyone suggest the best way of rectifying this?
On thing that crossed my mind is to get a piece of wood, cut it to size and try to slot it in the gap, i.e., so it sits flush within the silver frame thing. It means the little alcove area where the candles are would effectively blocked off. Thoughts?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.1K Spending & Discounts
- 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.7K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards