We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot complete Broadband application via MSE link

Options
I have been trying - having just moved home - to sign up to a Vodafone broadband & phone package via the MoneySavingExpert comparison table, the incentive being a £50 voucher! However, having been re-directed to the Vodafone website, and going through the whole application process, page by tedious page, I get to the very end and my Direct Debit application (ie credit check) is rejected: "The details you provided don't match." This is despite me providing both my new address and my previous one where I had lived for decades. I have repeated the whole process 2 or 3 times but get the same outcome.

Before Vodafone, I had tried a different company with the same result. I have checked with my bank and they have my new address correctly recorded and so cannot explain why I am getting this error message.

I have rung Vodafone and they couldn't explain it either, saying only that it could be because I have come to them through a comparison website. I don't understand why this should be a stumbling block, as although I started on MoneySavingExpert.com, the essential part of the application has been conducted on Vodafone's site. Is that not the case?

The Vodafone chap's only suggestion was to try going directly to their website, or going into a Vodafone store. But he acknowledged that I would not then get the £50 voucher. 

Before I resort to that, can anyone suggest why the details I'm inputting are being rejected?

Can it be an MSE issue? It's frustrating that the £50 carrot dangled before me is just a mirage...

Thanks.

Comments

• frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    it could be a simple card detail, does card have a middle name or letter for middle name?
  • Dagliago
    Dagliago Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks. Card details weren't requested, only account number and sort code. As for my name, I've tried it with and without the middle initial with no luck. I also asked the bank about this and they said it shouldn't make any difference and that either should work.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure