tax code split between company pension and contribution based ESA support group

Options
hi. first post, so please be kind, not sure where to post this, hope this is OK
i have been in receipt of a company pension since 2014, did not hit the £85 disregard rate until a few years ago, my weekly pension is £94.90 or £411.25 pcm, giving me an annual income of £4935, by my calculation, and my tax code is 598L i am also in receipt of contribution based ESA support group payments of £124.55 a week after half of my pension over £85 a week is taken off. my ESA tax code is BR i worked out my esa IS 6476.6  a year, so the 2 added together comes to £11.411.6, well below the tax threshold, is this the way it should be or do i need 2 tax codes? any advice very much appreciated, thanks

Comments

• freefee
    freefee Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    sorry, meant to add that neither income has yet paid any tax
  • freefee
    First Post
    Options
    sorry again. i also receive PIP enhanced on both elements, but i know this is not taxable, sorry
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    my ESA tax code is BR i

BR means they will take Basic rate tax from all income, but it seems they are not doing . Strange

I would repost on this board where there are a few tax experts.

Cutting tax — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• freefee
    First Post
    Options
    my income from both sources is less than the twelve and half thousand when you start to pay tax, i resumed this was the reason, i am new here, any idea where i can re;post this? thanks
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    freefee said:
    my income from both sources is less than the twelve and half thousand when you start to pay tax, i resumed this was the reason, i am new here, any idea where i can re;post this? thanks
    I already sent you a link in the previous post ??
  • freefee
    First Post
    Options
    thanks again, sorry i ain't great on computers
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    @freefee.  I have copied your thread to the cutting tax thread. 
    You will see any answers there.
    Hope this helps  

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6496813/tax-code-split-between-company-pension-and-contribution-based-esa-support-group/p1?new=1
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback