Met Parking & DCBL Civil National Business Centre
Looking for your support with a claim via MCOL from Met Parking/DCB Legal.
Issue date - 13/12/23
AOS sent - 24/12/23
AOS received - 28/12/23
I've used the draft and have only adapted the following;
Point 2, with;
However, the vehicle is recognised and it is admitted that the Defendant was the registered keeper and driver.
Point 3 the defence
3. The Defendant went to BP Stansted SF Connect and purchased food and drink at the BP/M&S convenience store located on site at this petrol station. The Defendant then left the site, having spent a short period of time in the convenience store, to go back to work on the airport grounds.
The Defendant had not noticed any signage close to the where the Defendant parked his vehicle, showing the terms and conditions for use, the Defendant was not aware of any restrictions that applied.
There was no notification of the first PCN and upon receiving the second PCN the Defendant researched and found that Parking Restriction signs on the BF Stansted SF Connect petrol station were small, obscure, and positioned in out of the way places. The above paragraph explains why the Defendant, and no doubt most other customers of BP Stansted, did not see the Parking Restriction signs.
The defendant did not receive any pre-action protocols from the claimant or their legal representatives in the form of a Letter Before Claim.
Point 29 & 30 - Costs we are still reviewing if we will add.
Do you suggest we change any other points and what other information would you need to support us here?
Silly question, should the hyperlinks stay in the defence or are they for advice for example in point 9 or 10?
Does anyone know how to view the POC's via MCOL?
Thanks in advance and apologies for many questions in the first post
- All Categories
- 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.1K Spending & Discounts
- 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.7K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards