Renewing a blue badge for mental health... questions!

Options
honeybee1234
honeybee1234 Posts: 108 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 1 January at 2:05PM in Disability money matters
Hi all

I'm doing my blue badge renewal form on the gov.uk website. I got my original badge due to mental health issues. I don't get an automatic blue badge due to PIP - although I do get PIP for my issues, at the time of my original application, I was receiving the PIP mobility element under Planning and Following Journeys, descriptor d, needing someone with me on unfamiliar journeys, so explained my needs around that. 

Since then, I've moved areas so am under a different council, and my needs have increased. To illustrate, I now receive PIP under descriptor f, needing someone with me on familiar journeys, have been diagnosed with PTSD, which gives me a lot of severe agoraphobia-type symptoms, and I have a carer who supports me if I need to go out.

I'm about to write in the form, and wanted to know if anyone could advise on the following:

1. Would it be useful to reference my previous application under a different council and give brief details? I've read this can help as some will cross reference a previous application if the condition is still there. 

2. Are there any useful articles that may help in how to structure the written section, or any input people may have? In terms of what the council are looking for, that is, when applying because of mental health issues.

Whilst some councils appear to have a different system for renewals, mine doesn't, also it doesn't provide an awful lot of detail or help on their website. 

Thankyou in advance! 

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport