PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily New Year's Eve 2023

Options
And I give you the very last carol/song of the year..no prizes for guessing :)

。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And the days of auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear
For auld lang syne
We'll drink a cup of kindness yet
For the sake of auld lang syne
And surely you will buy your cup
And surely I'll buy mine!
We'll take a cup of kindness yet
For the sake of auld lang syne
  。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

So that's a wrap for 2023, it was a bit up and down personally, but I did shift my harris in gear and instigate new windows, porch and front door, new blinds, new radiators and got the tree chopped down that was the bane of our gardening and sunshine lives for 8 years..drove to Italy and back with my sister, got my medication mostly sorted, did a lot of decluttering, a lot of gardening, grew a tree [ very proud of that, a now 2" cypress from a seed from the one in the front garden] , grew flowers from seed [ first time in 15 years of gardening] went to several comedy shows, went to various historical places, lots of garden centres, learned new crochet skillz....
Next year I'm hoping to do more travelling, a weekend here or there and probably by myself, more decluttering but this time, I'll be selling things instead of just chucking if I can, one goal is to make as much money on the side as possible from selling my old tat. Also another goal is to not buy so much, I'm easily seduced by advertising if it involves kitchen stuff or stompy boots. More crochet to bust stash, more sewing, ditto, fix the electrics on a featherweight sewing machine if I can, design and build Goth Box 2 point 0, and maybe a rocket stove too. And more DIY.
Thank you all for being there this year, for sharing the good and bad and sad and occasionally mad, fingers crossed for unicorns and daisies next year for you all...I hope you can find something to look back on with pleasure or achievement or anything like that from the previous year and I'm looking forward to doing all this again next year with you lovely lot  :)

Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure