Samsung TV - numerous failed repair attempts and now damage caused by the repairer

Options
I purchased a TV directly from Samsung. This TV developed screen defects with a section of the screen going dim, it was repaired numerous times by their approved repairer but each repair had screen defects or damage when delivered back. I quoted my consumer rights to Samsung as I purchased the TV directly and they reluctantly replaced the TV.

This replacement TV has developed screen defects within 12 months of being delivered. The same repair company have just carried out a repair and delivered it back to me last week. This repair was delivered back and I inspected this with the engineer, there were numerous screen defects and numerous parts of the casing were damaged which the engineer logged down during the visit. They also dropped the TV on my oak staircase causing damage to that which when I first called their office they denied but I had ring door cam footage of the engineer apologising for dropping the TV and causing the damage when he left. The approved repairer has now agreed to pay to repair the damage.

Not wanting these untrustworthy clowns in my home anymore I have gone back to Samsung to request a further replacement under my consumer rights which they have declined and given their final response.

They have stated ‘As there was no fault reported with your replacement TV within the first 6 months, we would not be able to support with your claim under your Consumer Rights unless you were able to prove that there was a fault within first 6 months of ownership. As there was no fault present within the first 6 months of you owning the replacement, we as a manufacturer would only offer repair services moving forward under your standard manufacturing warranty’.

They have sent me a link to Which for further information on my consumer rights after 6 months of ownership https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act-aKJYx8n5KiSl

I have read differing versions of what can be requested after 6 months of ownership with some suggesting a replacement can still be requested. And now the approved repairer has caused additional damage to the TV during their repair.

Can anyone help clarify my consumer rights, can I insist on an a repair as I have allowed a repair which has failed? And does the fact that they have caused additional damage change things?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,914 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Here you go:

"If something's faulty – in other words it breaks the SAD FART rules – returning it speedily is crucial.
    • Within 30 days.

You can usually still get a full refund due to what's called your 'short-term right to reject'. After that only expect exchange, repair or part-refund.

• Within six months.

The shop must prove goods weren't faulty when they sold them – after that, you must prove they were"

"The Consumer Rights Act 2015 changed our right to reject something faulty, and be entitled to a full refund in most cases, from a reasonable time to a fixed period (in most cases) of 30 days.

After that, you lose the short-term right to reject the goods and you'll have fewer rights, such as only being able to ask for a repair or replacement, or a full or partial refund if this doesn't work. "

• solol
    Options
    How long ago did you buy the original tv?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback