Can anyone identify this plant please?

Hoping so as I saw a lot of winter flowering shrubs and it seems more important than summer.
Need more colour in winter. Just care about sun in summer sort of.

A bit fuzzy because it was a gale force wind and into the sun. It had grown up and over a wall so a tall shrub and happy to grow

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

Comments

• Spreading phlox (Phlox diffusa)
  • twopenny
    twopenny Posts: 5,286
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Thanks Keeps, but this is 6ft high :D 

I see the similarity in the flowers so I searched for Phlox shrub but nothing.

I did find out though that you can cut your border Phlox down and they will grow again the following year. I saw some for a good price last year so will look again this. I thought they were annuals but apparantly not

• Dustyevsky
    Dustyevsky Posts: 1,162
    First Post Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 27 December 2023 at 4:03PM
    Leptospermum scoparium??? :)
     The elephant in the room vanishes when we stop counting elephants.
  • twopenny
    Forumite
    Hmmm depends which image on a search.
    I'll have to nip down and look at the flower centres. But the leaves look a little larger.
    Perhaps there are some 'twigs' that have come off in todays storm :D

• Paspatur
    Paspatur Posts: 450
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Leptospermum - I wish I could confirm but all of mine died. I seem to have ideas above my garden's climate  :) 
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,630
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The leaves remind me of rosemary or heather, but I don’t know much very pretty flowers though. The flowers don’t look right for either.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,630
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Tea Tree Alba keep its glossy appearance throughout the year in spring to early summer it flowers spectacularly covering the whole bush in single white five-petalled flowers that measure 12 mm in width. The flowers have a lime-green centre and mature into small capsules containing the seeds.
    Just seen this hardy to minus 23 and thrives in coastal conditions. If you pass as it seeds you could have a couple stick to you 🤭 may take a while to grow so tall !
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • twopenny
    Forumite
    Ok so I braved wind and rain and this is a close up of the flower
    Id say less than 12 mm , all about 8mm and you'll see just a smallsmudge of yellow in the centre so not the flamboyant one of Phlox.

It has me puzzled as it resembles some plant I know if I could just clear the neural pathways to make a connection.
    Leaves like heather or rosemary but flowers like Jasmine but without the long tuber at the back

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,224
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 1 January at 8:33PM
    twopenny said: Leaves like heather or rosemary but flowers like Jasmine but without the long tuber at the back
    If you crush the leaves between your fingers, does it give off a noticeable scent ?
    My first thought was myrtle, but it is very late (early ?) in the year to be flowering.

Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • twopenny
    Forumite
    I did wonder FreeBear as there were some similarities to the one in a post I made months ago - same but different :D

Wish I'd taken more care with the flower so I could compare. When the rain stops lashing down I'll pop over to this one and see if there's a flower on that.
    The leaves are also set differently.

I'll also give the leaves a rub on the one I posted recently. You never know.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure