IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

45 hour anpr mess up

This is getting to a joke....up to the eyes with group nexus notices now.
This one states that the car was in the car park for 45 hours haha.  Luckily, unlike on my previous thread I have a land owner to complain too. Could someone have a glance over this please and give it the go ahead or anything I should ammend?

I am writing this letter as an outraged parent and customer whom has shopped in your retail park for the past 2 years, we have recently got a parking charge notice to my mothers address, so the wrong address to start with, regarding a 45 hour parking overstay???? We live in Delves lane, merely 5 minute drive from the retail centre and do my weekly shopping there, why would we leave our car there for 45 hours when we live 5 minutes down the road? We are incensed by this predatory behaviour and the heavy handed wording of this ‘penalty notice on the run up to Christmas no less! The ANPR in that car park is obviously faulty or something is amiss because we certainly did not leave our car there for 45 hours! We are strongly considering boycotting this retail park and taking our business to tesco, down the road in future because of this!

This is appalling and we ask you to step in and cancel it before we go to the local papers and Social Media (as other reviewers have already). Did you know that the private parking industry - BPA members included - has just this Sumner been described as in 'market failure' by the Government, for "extorting money from motorists"?  Why would you let Group Nexus get away with this and charge victim shoppers £100 at a time when the Government is clamping down, regulating the rogues and reducing parking charges in 2024? Could it be they didn't tell you about the Government's impending changes and are looking to make hay while the sun shines, at your retail park's expense?

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,443
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 23 December 2023 at 12:51AM
    Yes I agree.

Also the only reason this went to that address is because the car is still registered there.

Put that right with the DVLA (or lease firm if applicable, if it's them who gave Group Nexus that address; it's one or the other.  Up to you to keep addresses up to date).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you for your feedback, does this fare better?

I am writing this letter as a parent and customer whom has shopped in your retail park for the past 2 years, we have recently received a parking charge notice from Group Nexus, the company whom you have placed in charge of your car park, regarding a 45 hour parking overstay! This is an absolute falsehood, we live in Delves lane, merely 5 minute drive from the retail centre and do our weekly shopping there, why would we leave our car there for 45 hours when we live 5 minutes down the road? The ANPR in that car park is obviously faulty or something is amiss because we certainly did not leave our car there for 45 hours! We are strongly considering boycotting this retail park and taking our business to Tesco, down the road in future because of this!

This is appalling and we ask you to step in and cancel this. Did you know that the private parking industry - BPA members included - has just this Summer been described as in 'market failure' by the Government, for "extorting money from motorists"?  

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,443
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Remove all exclamation marks.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,310
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Did you go there a couple of days apart so it logged the entry for one and the departure for the other.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • @Coupon-mad will do thank you.
    @elsien I go there most days as it has my gym there too.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,310
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Is it worth putting that in your letter as well then as the source of the mistake?
    Although that’s not going to work alongside threatening to boycott the retail park is it?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Catch 22 there I guess haha 
    Maybe I should take the threat of boycotting out and appeal to reason, I'll draft something up and post it up

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,926
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If you have google maps on your mobile it will show in its history very journey you make and even show visits to a supermarket etc., yes it is scary but useful sometimes.
  • I don't have any location things active on my phone. Admittedly wish I did for times like this though.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback