Has your Fairfx card arrived yet?

Options
Got a message from Fairfx at the beginning of December, that they were moving to a new online platform (web site, I think they mean!) and my existing prepaid currency card will close in January 2024.
So I ordered a new card online pretty soon after that.
But no sign of the new (physical) card. You can create a virtual card on the new platform, but I am not interested.
On Dec 8 I received an email, which did not inspire confidence:
"Thank you for ordering a new FairFX card. Unfortunately, there was an error in the production of your card which meant that it was printed with the branding of our sister company, Equals Money. We're sorry for any confusion this caused."

Anyone else waiting for their Fairfx card? I am going to he USA in early January and will need it.

Comments

• Barkin
    Barkin Posts: 428 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I ordered a new card recently, and it arrived pretty quickly IIRC. Mine didn't have any production issues though...

To be honest though, I only got mine "just in case" and because I've had one for years. I can't remember when I last used it.
    I use a Starling debit card these days, for spending abroad.
  • thegreenone
    thegreenone Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hadnt noticed that my card had expired until I went to use it at the end of Nov.  I ordered a new one online and had the same message re the printing.  Card didn't turn up so used the Chat to cancel and re-issue.  Got it on Wednesday just gone, ready to travel yesterday.

Definitely try Chat.
  • mike004
    mike004 Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just ordered a card via chat on the FairFX web site. Only waited 5 minutes, they say it will arrive in 3 to 5 days. We'll see...
    I was not impressed when they asked me to send my address details via chat. Surely they have that already on their system?
  • washedupandout
    Options
    Both my sister and I had cards with balances which we were notified and needed to be updated. My sister was able to do this and received her card but has so far been unable to activate it. I have yet to be able to access my account through any means and contact us help never responds..  Something is definitely wrong ?
  • mike004
    Options
    Both my sister and I had cards with balances which we were notified and needed to be updated. My sister was able to do this and received her card but has so far been unable to activate it. I have yet to be able to access my account through any means and contact us help never responds..  Something is definitely wrong ?

I just received my new card this morning. I activated it on the "new-look" FairFX web site. Click on the image of your new card. It shows the last 4 digits of the card number. then click Activate in the right hand column. You may need to scroll down.
    I haven't used my new card yet. I will stick it in an ATM and see if I can check my balance OK.
    The log on details for the new web site are the same as the old web site. So you should be able to log on.
    You can then use the chat feature on the web site.
  • mike004
    Options
    I spoke too soon...I put my new card in an ATM and the old PIN was not accepted. It turns out that the new card has a different PIN.
    You can view or change the new PIN on the FairFX web site. They will send a one-time password to your mobile phone when you use this feature.
  • Barkin
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Strange. My new card has the same PIN as my old one. 
  • washedupandout
    Options
    Can’t log in to new or old website and my last e mail as well as 7 previous have all gone unanswered. Seriously worried now. 
  • mike004
    Options
    Can’t log in to new or old website and my last e mail as well as 7 previous have all gone unanswered. Seriously worried now. 

There is a "Forgotten Password" link on the main log in screen:

• Barkin
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If I login to the old (registered prior to August 2023?) it redirects me to the new site, where I can login fine using the same credentials I've always used. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback