24hr Flight Delay - Emirates

Options
Hi I was wondering whether I could ask some advice on this issue as it appears Emirates are refusing to compensate due to technical difficulties. My understanding was in these situations something needed to be ‘beyond their control’ or an ‘act of god’ or some such reason

I attach a screenshot of their response. 

Would be really grateful for advice/thoughts

thank you

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    maderic said:
    Hi I was wondering whether I could ask some advice on this issue as it appears Emirates are refusing to compensate due to technical difficulties. My understanding was in these situations something needed to be ‘beyond their control’ or an ‘act of god’ or some such reason

I attach a screenshot of their response. 

Would be really grateful for advice/thoughts

thank you
    The only Emirates flights that would fall within the scope of the EU/UK261 regulations would be those departing from the EU/UK, so, as the above flights don't qualify, anything you obtain from them would be as defined in their own policy or that determined by the UAE aviation regulator or consumer law there.
  • maderic
    maderic Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I remember being compensated for a BA flight a couple of years ago from India back to UK again a 24hr delay. Why would this be different? Because it’s a British company?

thanks
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 December 2023 at 4:36PM
    Options
    maderic said:
    I remember being compensated for a BA flight a couple of years ago from India back to UK again a 24hr delay. Why would this be different? Because it’s a British company?
    Yes, the regulations cover UK/EU airlines flying to (or from) UK/EU, but other airlines are only covered for flights from UK/EU:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/eur/2004/261/article/3
  • maderic
    maderic Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts