IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel/ELMS PCN based on exceeding grace period - defence

2»

Comments

• thisistheworst
    thisistheworst Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 27 December 2023 at 11:38AM
    Yep that followed by the rest of the template will be fine.  It's detailed but needed IMHO.

I don't need the NTK images now as they are all here already:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6483542/a-thread-of-pictures-of-2023-parking-firm-ntks/p1
    Grand, and thanks very much. Defence submitted today via email and acknowledgement received. Will keep an eye on the post now.

Also... Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 
  • thisistheworst
    First Post
    edited 25 March at 2:16PM
    hello again,

after a long silence I have received a letter (from ELMS legal) saying "URGENT: NOTICE OF JUDGEMENT IN DEFAULT"

I have had nothing else in the post since submitting a defence. I have moved house twice in the last year but ELMS have my current address, I e-mailed it to them long ago and am pretty sure my last correspondence came here. The only other thing I can think of is that an envelope arrived a month or two ago, tracked 48 hour, with nothing inside and no return address. I presume they would have a return address so hopefully that's just noise. It didn't have my name on either!

Logging into MCOL I see:

Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 09/12/2023 at 21:50:53

Your acknowledgment of service was received on 11/12/2023 at 01:06:40

A judgment was issued against you on 21/03/2024 at 19:07:49

I submitted a defence via e-mail on 27th dec 2023 at 10am and have the receipt, but its not showing up in MCOL...

I'll call the court but is this typical? Obviously it's quite a lot of stress, once again, over the beureaucracy itself rather than the actual dispute.

Any ideas what has gone wrong?

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 March at 2:39PM
    Yep you must complain to the CNBC like this:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/80670384/#Comment_80670384

Ask for £250 compo as well.  Their mess-ups are so common they are paying out.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • thisistheworst
    First Post
    In case it helps others, the person on the phone told me to forward my defence (with claim number and "FAO Manager" in the subject line) to claimresponses.cnbc@justice.gov.uk asking for the default to be revoked. I also asked about the compensation in the email, as the person on the phone had no idea about it (they did mention getting legal advice...).

It seems the email address for responding has changed from the old ccbc aq one to the one I typed above, and those of us caught in the middle just submitted our defences to nowhere. I noticed the guidance sticky has the new email already.

I'll keep an eye on it for a couple of days before calling back, and will update here. Thanks for a quick response
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 March at 3:52PM
    Yes we know the emails all changed 3 weeks ago - see the first 12 steps in the Template Defence thread to get you back on track now.

For compensation for distress send a complaint to whatever the new email list (which is of course in the first 12 steps) says is the one for CNBC complaints.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • thisistheworst
    First Post
    edited Today at 12:17AM
    Thanks, have an order to set aside the CCJ and also got paid the compensation. Now filling out DQ / N180

I've put "no" for the paper hearing and not listed a reason, I presume that's ok?

Also, I am struggling to know which e-mail to send to for Excel/ELMS. I've got an e-mail for Excel so I've cc'd them (litigation@excelparking.co.uk), but haven't got one for their solicitor (ELMS) - do I need to keep looking or is e-mailing the claimant enough?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited Today at 12:23AM
    I just stuck elms legal email into google and up popped a suitable answer. Try it.  :)

Their contact us webpage offers the same email address too.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback