British Airways - CEDR

Options
Travelled last summer. 5 members of my family across three separate bookings. Put in a claim by sending a tracked letter to BA. Got no response so went to CEDR and this time put in a claim for each booking as they require it like that.

For two of the bookings they keep asking for proof that I contacted BA over 8 weeks ago. I only have the physical letter and the Royal Mail tracking which I sent for all three claims. Oddly, they allowed one of the claims which was for one person to proceed and that one has received the full compensation offer from BA. (£350 in our case)

I'm assuming there's no realistic way of asking CEDR to apply their rules the same way across all of their cases? i.e. no way to get them to do what they are supposed to do?

Interested to hear if anyone else has any similar or direct experience of CEDR or is otherwise certain of what needs to be done. Less keen to hear from anyone who has an opinion on almost every topic on the board 8-)

Comments

• SamDude
    SamDude Posts: 435 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    No need to claim by letter/post - you can claim at https://www.britishairways.com/content/information/delayed-or-cancelled-flights

Then once they've sent you a deadlock response denying your compensation claim, or 8 weeks have passed without resolution - then you can go to CEDR and provide them the online correspondence with BA.

• michael1234
    michael1234 Posts: 554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wish it was more well known that applying by letter is seemingly a waste of time particularly as Which? and others provide template letters.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some airlines will ignore letters. They will only consider online claims. I'm sure this breaks some sort of consumer law somewhere, but who is going to challenge it?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport