Discrimination from Sky sales team and how to get a resolution

Options
I hope someone can help me, as I've been pushed through pillar to post and can't get Sky to do something.

Today I received a call from Sky sales team at 13:40 today and had the misfortune to suffer discriminatory behaviour and illegal behaviour.
I was called re being a loyal customer and to discuss a deal. When I explained that I can't understand them as I am deaf and asked for the deal to be offered via email - it was refused - told it can't be done. 
I've tried complaining via their messaging system to the accessibility team, but more than an hour after starting that process and it is not being handled. 
I don't expect such behaviour and I am fuming at the attitude of Sky's staff. 

Sky keep refusing to deal with this, despite knowing the time I was called and who the call handler was. Still no details re the 'offer' either.

Does anyone know who would be able to hold Sky to account, because they are refusing to deal with this, despite going through Twitter, their form, accessibility team and more.

Really angry that their staff can just be so dismissive.

Many thanks,
Russell

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry I'm going to have to ask, no offence, but if you're deaf, how come you knew they were calling to offer a new deal and how come you knew they refused the email offer and yet when the deal was offered you suddenly decided you couldn't understand it?
  • rjhempel
    Options
    I am deaf, I have some level of hearing, but when the sales team speak with minimal clarity, I asked for it to be sent via email as I had to ask them more than once to explain what it was and they refused.
  • km1500
    km1500 Posts: 2,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I am assuming you are registered with them as an accessibility customer in which case you would know that they have sign language and text relay contact functions - what happened when you tried those?

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/contacting-sky-accessibility

• rjhempel
    Options
    I messaged the accessibility team and no response for over an hour. I am registered with them as deaf, but I can't use BSL and don't have text relay set up.
    Messaging them left me with no response, which doesn't make sense

• km1500
    km1500 Posts: 2,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    an hour is not very long I would expect a reply in 48 hours
  • rjhempel
    Options
    The hour was by chat/messaging as I was advised to use, there was no option to email, or fill in a form for the behaviour of the sales team

• EnPointe
    EnPointe Posts: 368 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 20 December 2023 at 8:03PM
    Options
    km1500 said:
    an hour is not very long I would expect a reply in 48 hours
    I would  suggest that a couple of working  days  is probably a sensible time frame here, especially as it  is unlikely a normal  call handler  could authorise it, so it  would need to be sescalated and approved

• Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    As above, SKY do have options that you could use for contacting them and the complaint procedure is easily found on their website.

From reading the SKY forums, email conversations cannot be used for contract negotiations or offers.

You can also message SKY on X, previously known as Twitter.
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Slightly off track, but a quick word in Skys favour. I had a similar sales call yesterday and said I wasn’t interested as our broadband reception can sometimes be a bit hit and miss - connectivity and speed mainly. Any way the sales guy referred me through to his tech team who reckoned part of our problem may be down to the router which could be getting on a bit. New router being sent out and given the inconvenience, no charge (gather it’s usually £39!)  Yet to know if the new router will solve our problems, but 👍 to Sky on the strength of yesterday
  • JSmithy45AD
    Options
    rjhempel said:
    The hour was by chat/messaging as I was advised to use, there was no option to email, or fill in a form for the behaviour of the sales team

The chat/messaging option is by far your best option for discussing a deal, as said above re. the complaint, that takes time and certainly won't be answered within an hour. I'm not seeing any discrimination BTW?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback