Surprise … another increase to your HP Instant Ink subscription

Options
I’ve just got an email from HP stating that they are increasing my subscription from January 2024. It has previously increased from £1.99 to £2.99.. then another hike in January… to £3.99! The shareholders are going to be very happy! Sadly I will not be paying 100% extra for subscription and contributing to their extortionate profits. Are you having a laugh!  
When my HP printer eventually stops working efficiently (it’s already playing up!) I am likely going to buy an alternative make.
ps It is good practice for companies to retain loyal customers, not alienate them! Happy Christmas HP  

Comments

• The_Unready
    Options
    Did you also stop buying bread and milk when the prices rose? How about fuel - petrol,  diesel, gas, electricity,  etc? The prices of those  items have also risen markedly over the last year or so.

Feel free to buy or not buy whatever you want, but don't assume that all companies are just trying to rip you off - none of them are immune from the current world  inflationary pressures. 
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    That's the subscription model for you.

Better to buy something that's subscription free where possible and not get tied into long term commitments where they are free to raise or lower (mostly raise) the price as they see fit.

Epson tank printers are available that you can top up whenever you want from a large bottle of ink - and the bottles are a tenner a piece roughly and last ages.

Other options are also available.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,151 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    No increase to my 99p HP Instant Ink subscription. Yet.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    kevlar68 said:
    I’ve just got an email from HP stating that they are increasing my subscription from January 2024. It has previously increased from £1.99 to £2.99.. then another hike in January… to £3.99! The shareholders are going to be very happy! Sadly I will not be paying 100% extra for subscription and contributing to their extortionate profits. Are you having a laugh!  
    When my HP printer eventually stops working efficiently (it’s already playing up!) I am likely going to buy an alternative make.
    ps It is good practice for companies to retain loyal customers, not alienate them! Happy Christmas HP  
    Snap. Whilst it is a good service and in the main trouble free, there comes a time when you think, is it worth it. I thought not. I notified them i aum to discontinue and dropped the machine in a skip. Last month. 

Now I miss it. However the wise and the good on mse tell me the way forward is an inkjet printer. That may well be the outcome. 

• SiliconChip
    SiliconChip Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 21 February at 6:48PM
    Options
    kevlar68 said:
    However the wise and the good on mse tell me the way forward is an inkjet printer. That may well be the outcome. 

I think you'll find that the wise and the good will say that the way forward is a monochrome laser printer (I've just installed a replacement for my previous one today).
  • debitcardmayhem
    Options
    Oh well, this time it’s only 33% not 50%, mind you that equates to 100% over the original 1.99
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm still on £0.00 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 21 February at 6:48PM
    Options
    kevlar68 said:
    However the wise and the good on mse tell me the way forward is an inkjet printer. That may well be the outcome. 

I think you'll find that the wise and the good will say that the way forward is a monochrome laser printer (I've just installed a replacement for my previous one today).
    Hi, if you're happy with yours, could i have link and cost please. 
  • cerebus
    cerebus Posts: 677 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Did you also stop buying bread and milk when the prices rose? How about fuel - petrol,  diesel, gas, electricity,  etc? The prices of those  items have also risen markedly over the last year or so.

Feel free to buy or not buy whatever you want, but don't assume that all companies are just trying to rip you off - none of them are immune from the current world  inflationary pressures. 
    Not by 33% they haven't! There is no excuses for rising the price so much its pure profiteering and greed

Op if I was you I would vote with your feet or look for other solutions like refilling your own cartridges or buying copies 
  • The_Unready
    Options
    As just one example, according to the RAC Foundation average petrol prices rose by over 75% between May 2020 and July 2022, and there was a steady increase over those 2 years.

I wonder at which point the Op decided to stop buying petrol during that period because he was being ripped off?

That's just one example of price rises - there are many others!

https://www.racfoundation.org/data/uk-pump-prices-over-time
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure