Ex wife took out new mortgage product without consent
Hi, myself and my wife separated years ago. The mortgage for the property is in both our names. My employment circumstances have change since the original mortgage and I am no earning far less. A new mortgage product has been taken out (staying with the same lender) as our old one ran out. I was informed of this by email but did not sign anything. The new repayment fees are crippling as I am not earning what I used to.
I find it odd that a lender would not enquire about current earnings when signing up to a new product. If I inform them of our new situation could they retract their mortgage offer?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.2K Spending & Discounts
- 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.8K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards