Not sure if this is the best category to put this thread in so apologies if I've got it wrong!
Two years ago mum passed away. Due to an ongoing dispute with a bank it's only now that the house is on the market.
Their council puts a 100% penalty surcharge on property empty for two years.
There's enough cash left in mum's reserves to get us to next spring - when we expect the house to be sold - but not at double the rate of council tax.
I've written to the council to see what can be done but, if they get heavy handed, what sorts of options are available to us (as executors)?
I'm a pensioner so there's no way I can afford to pay it.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.1K Spending & Discounts
- 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.7K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards