Cheap Christmas Veg

Options
124»

Comments

• HillStreetBlues
    Options
    MACKEM99 said:
    I hear Donald Trump likes sprouts.   :D
    I like mushrooms, they grow well in what DT sprouts.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,635 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Husband has heard radio ads for the Lidl cheap veg. He's refusing to go anywhere near Lidl, to avoid the rugby scrum. He had a day off today and went to a farm shop near Canterbury. Said it was heaving with people. 
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,590 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Went to Aldi this morning and actually slightly quieter than normal!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • Mnoee
    Mnoee Posts: 822 Forumite
    Photogenic Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 December 2023 at 9:49PM
    Options
    Mine arrived yesterday morning and are already mostly eaten! I did a mountain of roast parsnip, carrots, turnips and potatoes yesterday that we've now demolished. There's still over a kilo of potatoes and half a bag of carrots left, I'll be making some mash tomorrow. Where we don't host Christmas I have to make the most of the cheap veg in the run-up. 

Last year I made a LOT of soup, but decided against it this year. I was still getting through it in March and got a bit sick of the same exact flavour - where I don't use recipes I'll make say a spicy carrot soup a few times a year, but they'll be a bit different every time. For the sake of saving maybe £1 total, I'm just not bothering! 
  • MACKEM99
    Options
    Husband has heard radio ads for the Lidl cheap veg. He's refusing to go anywhere near Lidl, to avoid the rugby scrum. He had a day off today and went to a farm shop near Canterbury. Said it was heaving with people. 
    We went at 0805 to our local Aldi and very quiet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback