Kitchen appliances changed after quote

2»

Comments

• Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,097 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    SaverRate said:
    Lowena76 said:
     They don’t seem to see my issue with changing the brand. I’m I justified in pushing back on this. 

Has anything else changed in the job? i.e, did something pop up when the old kitchen was removed which meant they had to do some extra work to put it right first, and if you've not been made aware of an extra charge this might be there was of balancing it out.
    but if nothing like that has happened, assuming you are happy with the Hotpoint stuff I would find the difference between the price of the AEG items they quoted you for, and find the price of the Hotpoint items you were supplied and deduct it from the final payment.

IMO, I would rather pay for the extra work than have it balanced out by getting cheaper appliances. 

Seems like they tried to make some extra money from you hoping you wouldn't notice! This is why I always supply my own appliances as most of the time you can get them cheaper. 
    Not always the case, some firms quote very competitive prices on the white goods knowing that you'll be checking up and use it to mask the huge mark up on stuff you can't compare. These firms would assume you'd think they were competitive across the board and thus give them your business.
    Clever, but a bit sneaky !
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure