Requesting a copy of LCWRA assessors decision?

Comments

• QBdoo
    QBdoo Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Many thanks for that information. If I send a message to my work coach via my online UC account Can you suggest how I should word it?
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    QBdoo said:
    I receive payments on my Universal Credit account on the 13th of each month.
    Assessment period should run for 7th to 6th.
    So as you submitted first fit note on the 2nd June, you don't get LCWRA for the periods 7/6 to 6/7 7/7 to 6/8 & 7/8 to 6/9.
    You should have started getting LCWRA from the 7th September.
    Which for clarity would be the payment received in October.  So the payment for Jan/Feb should include a LCWRA payment, leaving 4months' backpay before that.
  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 13 January at 9:43PM
    I would simply state that as you were sending in Fit notes, that is when the 3 month waiting period starts according to The Universal Credit Regulations 2013, Section 28, 2b
    if they still disagree, get it referred to a Decision Maker.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • QBdoo
    This thread is extremely confusing! Using the info provided can someone suggest the specific wording I should use? 
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    QBdoo said:
    This thread is extremely confusing! Using the info provided can someone suggest the specific wording I should use? 
    The LCWRA element is payable from the fourth full assessment period after handing in the first fit note.  That makes it payable from the September/October AP, so you are currently owed 4 months' backpay.
  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    QBdoo said:
    I have been sending in Fit notes since 2nd June 2023, under The Universal Credit Regulations 2013, Section 28, 2b  this is when the relevant period of three months begins. The first period of paid LCWRA will be the 7th September to the 6th October and then ongoing. Please arrange for payments that I'm currently missing.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • QBdoo
    Many thanks!
  • QBdoo
    I messaged the following:

Re: Backdated "LCWRA"  I believe I am entitled to but have not received. I have been sending in Fit notes since 2nd June 2023. Under The Universal Credit Regulations 2013, Section 28, 2b this is when the relevant period of three months begins. The first period of paid LCWRA will be the 7th September to the 6th October and then ongoing. I would appreciate if you would please arrange for any payments that I'm currently missing.
  • Newcad
    Newcad Posts: 911 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    That's fine.
    When sending it then in the "What's this entry about?" you should have selected the 'A Payment', but don't worry if you didn't do that, it's been sent now and they should action it.
  • QBdoo
    Please see reply from Universal Credit member of staff which is a carbon copy of two previous replies when enquiring re backdated payment in the recent past:
    Hi,
    The decision to award you the LCWRA was made on 07/09/23 and the extra element of Universal Credit for the LCWRA is not payable for the first 3 full Universal Credit assessment periods following the date of the decision and is not backdated to then.
    E
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure