Requesting a copy of LCWRA assessors decision?

Comments

• Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,402 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    QBdoo said:
    I have just received confirmation of my UC payment for January and it includes my usual UC(£738.74) and LCWRA (£390) for one month only. Will I receive any LCWRA back payment seperately?

Will the fact that I worked a trial week for Tescos a month or so after submitting my UC50 affect any backdated LCWRA entitlement?
    Yes
    No - and in fact if you didn't have the work allowance already (due to LCW or being responsible for a child) then they'll owe you more money, for having taken too much of a deduction for your earnings from that trial week.
  • QBdoo
    QBdoo Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Received my UC/LCWRA today. Any idea when I should expect to receive any backdated LCWRA entitlement?
  • Jyana
    Jyana Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Often any back pay comes before the next payment date if there's any due, sometimes it even hits your bank before you get the letter telling you it has been awarded.

There's a three month 'waiting period' before LCWRA becomes payable, which starts the first AP after you hand your first sick note in. So if we're to be able to give an answer we are going to need to what day you sent your first sick note in (and have there been no gaps in them) and what  your assessment period dates are?
  • QBdoo
    edited 13 January at 8:06PM
    I was awarded LCWRA on 25/11/23.
    I have been submitting (three monthly) sick notes since the 2nd of June 23. (2/6/23-1/9/23 & 2/9/23-2/12/23).
    I enquired twice via my UC account how much money I am due and on both occasions I was told(by the same person) that I am not entitled to any backdated money however I don't believe that's correct.  
    Transcript of emails:

Hi, Can you please advise how much backpay I am due for LCWRA?
    Hi, The decision to award you the LCWRA was made on 07/09/23 and the extra element of Universal Credit for the LCWRA is not payable for the first 3 full Universal Credit assessment periods following the date of the decision and is not backdated to then.

Hi, I understand that. Am I correct in assuming I am due backdated payments from the fourth month to the present? ie Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec?
    Thanks,
    Hi, As I stated the LCWRA is not payable for the  first 3 Universal Credit assessment periods and is not backdated.

• HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 13 January at 8:13PM
    What are the dates your assessment period? You are due some payments  but with dates can tell how many.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • QBdoo
    edited 13 January at 8:59PM
    Can you please specify what the assessment period is......do the dates supplied in my previous post not help?
    Sick note dates: 2/6/23-1/9/23 & 2/9/23-2/12/23.
    Received Universal Credit Work Capability Assessment decision on 25/11/23. 
  • HillStreetBlues
    edited 13 January at 9:01PM
    QBdoo said:
    Can you please specify what the assessment period is......do the dates supplied in my previous post not help?
    Sick note dates: 2/6/23-1/9/23 & 2/9/23-2/12/23

Under UC you have an assessment periods every month they will be on your UC statement  EG 23rd to 22nd and normally you get paid 7 after your period ends.
  • QBdoo
    edited 13 January at 9:14PM
    I receive payments on my Universal Credit account on the 13th of each month.
  • QBdoo
    7th Dec- 6th Jan.
  • HillStreetBlues
    edited 13 January at 9:33PM
    QBdoo said:
    I receive payments on my Universal Credit account on the 13th of each month.
    Assessment period should run for 7th to 6th.
    So as you submitted first fit note on the 2nd June, you don't get LCWRA for the periods 7/6 to 6/7 7/7 to 6/8 & 7/8 to 6/9.
    You should have started getting LCWRA from the 7th September.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/376/regulation/28
    (2) The relevant period is the period of three months beginning with—

(a)if regulation 41(2) applies (claimant with [F3monthly] earnings equal to or above the relevant threshold) the date on which the award of universal credit commences or, if later, the date on which the claimant applies for the F4... LCWRA element to be included in the award; or

(b)in any other case, the first day on which the claimant provides evidence of their having limited capability for work in accordance with the Medical Evidence Regulations.

So you need to tell them, it's not from the date of the decision, it's from the date you first submitted your Fit note, under
    The Universal Credit Regulations 2013, Section 28, 2b
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport