Wages into Personal Account instead of Business LTD

Options
PeterJames123
PeterJames123 Posts: 104 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 12 December 2023 at 3:15PM in Small biz MoneySaving
Hi,

I am a Contractor with my own LTD company. For the past 3 months I have been carrying out IT work for a few companies and instead of paying the money into my Business account all 3 have paid the money into my personal account due to my own stupidity having the wrong bank account details on my invoices. I now need to put the money back into my business account all 3 payments but how would I do this properly without looking dodgy especially now that I am trying to apply for a mortgage. 

Comments

• uknick
    uknick Posts: 1,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'd just transfer it and leave a comment in your accounts explaining why the receipt came from your personal account.  If you're running your accounts with proper accounting software there should be a place to record the comment against the receipt.

• SensibleSarah
    Options
    I had a similar situation where I did some freelance work for a former employer after I went self-employed and despite me giving them my business account details on the invoice, they put the money in my personal account that they still had on file. I just transferred the money over to the business account with the invoice number as reference and made sure that I also left a note in my accounts so that I didn't forget what had happened. I don't use accounting software, just spreadsheets - but they serve the same purpose. 
  • Penguin_
    Penguin_ Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Transfer the funds & have the reference on the payment show as "<Insert company name here> Job"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback