We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

boiler insurance combined with cylinder service / why are cylinders not included ?

Hello, i am used to having boiler insurance and getting the boiler serviced. We have had an indirect system for many years but just realised that the hot water cylinder should be serviced each year but none of the plumbers even mentioned it. I cant find any company that will service both the boiler and the cylinder as part of an insurance product.  You can get higher level insurance which includes the cylinder as part of the heating system but does not mention a service for the cylinder. any thoughts ? 

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 8,465 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 11 December 2023 at 10:02PM
    The plumber that installed the cylinder should have told you about the requirement to have the cylinder serviced. It was their job to do this and they could have destroyed your hour by not doing so - watch this video for an idea of what can happen if they aren't serviced: https://youtu.be/9bU-I2ZiML0?si=Y2zL0syLbIru1YFY

I can't help with the insurance question as I would never take out monthly boiler insurance. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • mexican_dave
    mexican_dave Posts: 274 Forumite
    Name Dropper 100 Posts
    Great video tacpot12, learned something! I wouldn't pay for monthly boiler insurance either, I just use my regular heating engineer and have a good working relationship with him. Save your money and just have a qualified heating engineer once a year.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.