TV licence fee to rise by from April – official MSE News discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,126 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could we see some cancelling the DD in March 2024 then taking out a new licence for £159 with a one off payment? That's a possibility then they can evaluate paying for another licence in March 2025.
    Personally I think we'll see a load of cancelled DD and licences and people taking a chance they won't be caught watching without a licence, there could be lots of closed curtains and blinds from people watching without a licence.

Someone please tell me what money is
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,126 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Petriix said:
    Is it worth cancelling in March (can you get a refund?) then getting my partner to apply for a new one in their name? 
    AFAIK, there's no value in doing this - the monthly DD cost, and the quarterly cost will simply be pro-rata to the annual cost as it applies across the time period you have a Licence for.

If you've paid annually, then cancelling would cost you more, I would have thought.
    It could work out cheaper if the other person makes a one off payment of £159 in March then they can revaluate the payment in 10 months or so as to whether to pay for another 12 months 
    Someone please tell me what money is
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure