IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Acpoa parking charge Bristol Parkway

Hi All,

I’ve received a debt collection letter from DRP for £170 relating to a parking fine at Bristol Parkway station. This is the first and only correspondence on the matter and  having read the newbies thread, I know this needs to be totally ignored and I will do so. What I’m not clear on is whether I need to contact ACPOA or the station car park owner or just do absolutely nothing at this stage. The charge related to supposedly parking without a ticket and the evidence is a picture of the car going into the car park at one time and then coming out again 5 hours later. The reality was that my wife was dropping me off at the station and collecting me later, so two more pictures are missing, leaving the car park 5 minutes after dropping me, and going into the car park 5 minutes before collecting me the same evening.

advice appreciated.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 128,979
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You must contact them (all parties) to tell them to erase your old address because we suspect you forgot to update your V5C address?

That's what causes missed PCNs and it's serious - you need to update the logbook address not just driving licence when moving.

Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi the V5 detail is correct, just didn't get anything other than the letter from DRP.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 4 December 2023 at 1:35PM
    Send a complaint (using APCOA's Complaints policy) saying that this was a 'double dip' and demand that they check for the 'orphan images' as the car left and then returned later. It was two visits.  Give them approx timings.

Tell them that you are complaining on two counts:

1.  Their failure to carry out any human checks of ANPR data, to avoid 'double dip' PCNs;

2.   Their failure to even send the initial Penalty Notice.

IGNORE THE DEBT CRAWLER.
  • thank you very much will do
  • got an email cancelling the charge. No apology or anything, but I'll take it so thank you for the advice!
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 6 December 2023 at 11:21AM
    Easy when you know how! Glad to hear it.
  • bracpasuk said:
    got an email cancelling the charge. No apology or anything, but I'll take it so thank you for the advice!
    Do you mind sending the email address you complained to (and if possible roughly what you said)?

I am in the same situation you are almost word for word and at the same train station.

Thanks 
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    He used APCOA's complaints policy / email.
  • I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus on 27/11/23 alleging non payment of a parking charge at Bristol Station car park on 5/10/23. I have not received any previous correspondence whatsoever and this is a delay of over 7 weeks.

The alleged offence was non payment of parking charges between 16:15 on 5th October and 23:07 on the same day. This was a double dip and I suggest you check for "orphan images" as the car left and then returned later. It was two visits. The car would have left with around 5 minutes from when the first image was taken and similarly would have arrived 5-10 minutes before the second was taken as both visits were for station drop offs/collections. 

I wish to make a formal complaint on two counts:

1. Your failure to carry out any human checks of ANPR data, to avoid "double dip" PCNs.
    2. Your failure to even send the initial Penalty notice. 
    I therefore dispute this parking charge and suggest this is cancelled immediately.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback