Over 3hr delay: Ryanair lack of de-icers at Stansted or weather?
Delay on 1st Dec over 3 hours with Ryanair, no refreshments or reason given. Boarded the plane late as another plane was on our stand. Sat on the plane for almost 4 hours. Told by the captain we were waiting for the de-icer and were 11th in the queue. The de-icer was owned and operated by Ryanair. Other flights left on time or with much shorter delays. It wasn't exceptionally cold for a December in London and no snow, so arguably the weather wasn't exceptional at all. Ryanair will argue weather but is it if they just don't have enough equipment to go round on a normal winters day?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.1K Spending & Discounts
- 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.7K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards