Sports Direct £4.99 Returns Charge

2»

Comments

• km1500
    km1500 Posts: 2,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    They are definitely hidden but having not seen them why would your default expectation be that SD has to pay for your return ?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    km1500 said:
    They are definitely hidden but having not seen them why would your default expectation be that SD has to pay for your return ?
    Maybe the OP expected to pay for the return but not as much as £4.99.
    The charge and amount should be more transparent.

• Corry
    Corry Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    km1500 said:
    The only "default expectation" is that a returns charge should be listed on the returned goods information page (which I read before ordering).

As I've stated, I've no problem with the charge, if it was listed.

It would simply be my decision to order, knowing a returns cost was applicable. 

• Corry
    Hi

As a footnote, the unwanted goods have been returned, and Sports Direct vey kindly charged me twice for the postage. 

Firstly, I had to input my card details to pay the £4.99 postage before they emailed a returns label.

When the cost of the goods was issued to my bank, it was refunded minus a second £4.99 charge.

Another warning for anyone ordering from Sports Direct.

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Corry said:
    Hi

As a footnote, the unwanted goods have been returned, and Sports Direct vey kindly charged me twice for the postage. 

Firstly, I had to input my card details to pay the £4.99 postage before they emailed a returns label.

When the cost of the goods was issued to my bank, it was refunded minus a second £4.99 charge.

I hope you're going to dispute the double charge.
  • Corry
    Pollycat said:
    Corry said:
    Hi

I hope you're going to dispute the double charge.
    Sure have.

Not a word of an apology from Sports Direct - "your shipping cost has been refunded as requested."

Awful company. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure