Redundancy and subsequent available roles

Options
After recently being given the news that the company I work for is being reorganised and merged into another company. All employees across the entire business are going through a redundacny process and as such, all roles will cease to exist with replacement roles being made available for those employees wishing to stay with the company. These roles have been advertised to the company as a whole. However the entire Senior Management have all had seperate conversations and been given new roles, without these roles being advertised to the wider company. Is this allowed to happen/legal? The Senior Management are not Directors and from my understanding do not have any different process to follow. Could someone help me understand if this is correct? Thank you!

Comments

• jlfrs01
    jlfrs01 Posts: 279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Were these Senior Managers given notice their roles are to be made redundant?
  • Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,130 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Are these new roles permanent or simply being retained for a period to facilitate the merger of the organisations. Directors generally are the ones to be excess to requirements. Senior managers hold considerable value in their knowledge. 
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,657 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If the company decided that the senior managers in post were the people who would be the most suitable to be retained, then the company would be within its rights to offer them new roles. 
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    After recently being given the news that the company I work for is being reorganised and merged into another company. All employees across the entire business are going through a redundacny process and as such, all roles will cease to exist with replacement roles being made available for those employees wishing to stay with the company. These roles have been advertised to the company as a whole. However the entire Senior Management have all had seperate conversations and been given new roles, without these roles being advertised to the wider company. Is this allowed to happen/legal? The Senior Management are not Directors and from my understanding do not have any different process to follow. Could someone help me understand if this is correct? Thank you!
    Yes.            
  • EnPointe
    EnPointe Posts: 376 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It is entirely normal for roles  in a restructure  to be restricted to  a banding / rank/ grade  or  two   ( or current grade and one down with protection and a requirement to apply for anythign in current  grade when it comes up)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback