Does anyone's kitten/cat snore?

in Pets & Pet Care
21 replies 1.5K views
Just wondered if anyone has a kitten or cat that snores? I have a kitten and when she's in a deep sleep she seems to snore! I'm hoping this is normal so does anyone else have a snoring cat?

She has an appointment at the vets on Thursday for her leukemia injection so I will ask the vet but just thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has a cat who snores.

Thanks.

Replies

• doodle-bug_2doodle-bug_2 Forumite
    175 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Oh yes, mine does snore. I was just discussing this with my husband tonight - the cat was on the chair and fast asleep (and obviously snoring). He looked at me and apologised - he was prodding me for most of the night for snoring and keeping him awake - and it wasn't me, it was the cat!

It's quite cute though when the nose twitches and his paws are flicking up and down - seems like he is chasing mice or something while sleeping!
    To be honest though, he mostly snores when his paws are wrapped around his nose, which he does from time to time.
  • SolaSola Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Yes, several of mine snore. Doesn't seem to matter if they're male or female.
  • bookemdanobookemdano Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes my cat snores from time to time but he is an old boy so I guess he has plenty to dream about :D
    All the animals I have had have snored at some point or another so I wouldn't worry. :D
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:
  • floydfloyd Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine snores quite loudly as she is part persian and has inherited a slightly squishy nose. Its cute though and doesn't seem to cause her any distress
  • Thanks for all your replies. I thought I was probably being over-cautious but my previous lovely cat was put to sleep in November - he had a heart condition and had had a murmur since he was a kitten (he lived until he was 11) so I'm just worried about anything that is sounds/looks different at the moment!
  • Ruby_PuddingRuby_Pudding Forumite
    897 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    All four of our cats snore - you can hardly hear the tv when all of them are stretched out asleep in front of the fire...........:D
  • I'm so glad it's not just my kitten! She has been sleeping in my boyfriend's sock drawer next to the bed (I bought 2 beds for her but she prefers the drawer) and even though she's still quite small the snoring is loud at night!
  • bookemdanobookemdano Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joannef wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies. I thought I was probably being over-cautious but my previous lovely cat was put to sleep in November - he had a heart condition and had had a murmur since he was a kitten (he lived until he was 11) so I'm just worried about anything that is sounds/looks different at the moment!

Sorry to hear about your cat. I would definately mention it to your vet as a precaution but I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. ;)
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:
  • woody_56woody_56 Forumite
    167 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thought it was the cat--but then i realised the mother in law is staying for x-mas?
  • floydfloyd Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love another full persian (have had 3 in the past) but I just don't have the time to care for one properly as they are much more high maintenance than a mogglet :)

This was my boy Luci

mommasboy-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides