TSB to Barclays AGH!!!

2»

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 December 2023 at 11:30AM
    I moved my TSB to Barclays fine earlier last month and got the incentive, sounds like a glitch from the last minute - maybe they had closed the process early? Worth a complaint at least
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Nasqueron said:
    I moved my TSB to Barclays fine earlier last month and got the incentive, sounds like a glitch from the last minute - maybe they had closed the process early? Worth a complaint at least
    Yes, TSB switching should work ok, both I and Mrs Zman did TSB to Barclays in the last 2 weeks. So it looks like a glitch (or the wrong sortcode was entered, which might identify a non-CASS bank!).

Barclays won't have 'closed the process early' as the switching process had no deadline for closure. It was the switching incentive that had a deadline. You can merely switch anytime.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Zanderman said:
    Nasqueron said:
    Yes, TSB switching should work ok, both I and Mrs Zman did TSB to Barclays in the last 2 weeks. So it looks like a glitch (or the wrong sortcode was entered, which might identify a non-CASS bank!).

Barclays won't have 'closed the process early' as the switching process had no deadline for closure. It was the switching incentive that had a deadline. You can merely switch anytime.
    Although not via the app it appears.
  • phil7445
    phil7445 Posts: 483 Forumite
    UPDATE - The switch has now worked this morning. So I will send a complaint to Barclays.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,752 Forumite
    Zanderman said:
    Nasqueron said:

I did mean closed it for switching incentives as part of the current offer, sorry!
  • phil7445
    The Barclays App is terrible!! In the Help section it says to contact them to use the "Message us" button (or something like that) but I can't find it!! Can anyone tell me where to find it?
  • AmityNeon
    AmityNeon Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    phil7445 said:
    The Barclays App is terrible!! In the Help section it says to contact them to use the "Message us" button (or something like that) but I can't find it!! Can anyone tell me where to find it?
    If you're a new customer it won't appear yet, but it should appear eventually. Give it at least 10 working days.
  • ColdIron said:
    Me and my Mrs both switched TSB, no problems.
  • phil7445
    I just got the following text from Barclays...

You may have had an issue switching your account to us last night in the app - we're so sorry about this. If you haven't been able to complete your switch yet and would like to take advantage of our £175 Current Account Switch offer, please do so before Tuesday 5 December. As long as you meet the eligibility, you'll still receive the £175 bonus. Thanks for bearing with us. Your Barclays team.

Phew! Pleased I was too busy with work to call them today!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback