TSB to Barclays AGH!!!

2»

Comments

  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 December 2023 at 11:30AM
    I moved my TSB to Barclays fine earlier last month and got the incentive, sounds like a glitch from the last minute - maybe they had closed the process early? Worth a complaint at least
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Nasqueron said:
    I moved my TSB to Barclays fine earlier last month and got the incentive, sounds like a glitch from the last minute - maybe they had closed the process early? Worth a complaint at least
    Yes, TSB switching should work ok, both I and Mrs Zman did TSB to Barclays in the last 2 weeks. So it looks like a glitch (or the wrong sortcode was entered, which might identify a non-CASS bank!).

    Barclays won't have 'closed the process early' as the switching process had no deadline for closure. It was the switching incentive that had a deadline. You can merely switch anytime.
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Zanderman said:
    Nasqueron said:
    I moved my TSB to Barclays fine earlier last month and got the incentive, sounds like a glitch from the last minute - maybe they had closed the process early? Worth a complaint at least
    Yes, TSB switching should work ok, both I and Mrs Zman did TSB to Barclays in the last 2 weeks. So it looks like a glitch (or the wrong sortcode was entered, which might identify a non-CASS bank!).

    Barclays won't have 'closed the process early' as the switching process had no deadline for closure. It was the switching incentive that had a deadline. You can merely switch anytime.
    Although not via the app it appears.
  • phil7445
    phil7445 Posts: 483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    UPDATE - The switch has now worked this morning. So I will send a complaint to Barclays.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Zanderman said:
    Nasqueron said:
    I moved my TSB to Barclays fine earlier last month and got the incentive, sounds like a glitch from the last minute - maybe they had closed the process early? Worth a complaint at least
    Yes, TSB switching should work ok, both I and Mrs Zman did TSB to Barclays in the last 2 weeks. So it looks like a glitch (or the wrong sortcode was entered, which might identify a non-CASS bank!).

    Barclays won't have 'closed the process early' as the switching process had no deadline for closure. It was the switching incentive that had a deadline. You can merely switch anytime.
    I did mean closed it for switching incentives as part of the current offer, sorry!
  • phil7445
    phil7445 Posts: 483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The Barclays App is terrible!! In the Help section it says to contact them to use the "Message us" button (or something like that) but I can't find it!! Can anyone tell me where to find it?
  • AmityNeon
    AmityNeon Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    phil7445 said:
    The Barclays App is terrible!! In the Help section it says to contact them to use the "Message us" button (or something like that) but I can't find it!! Can anyone tell me where to find it?
    If you're a new customer it won't appear yet, but it should appear eventually. Give it at least 10 working days.
  • ColdIron said:
    Me and my Mrs both switched TSB, no problems.
  • phil7445
    phil7445 Posts: 483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I just got the following text from Barclays...

    You may have had an issue switching your account to us last night in the app - we're so sorry about this. If you haven't been able to complete your switch yet and would like to take advantage of our £175 Current Account Switch offer, please do so before Tuesday 5 December. As long as you meet the eligibility, you'll still receive the £175 bonus. Thanks for bearing with us. Your Barclays team.

    Phew! Pleased I was too busy with work to call them today!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards