• Thank you gt94sss2 I'll try
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Nearly all banks should offer paper statements of some kind 
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If, for whatever reason, you are absolutely opposed to having a banking app - which will give you a PDF statement immediately which you can read or print if you need the dead tree copy - then most, if not all, will have statements available on the bank online site and again, you can get PDFs to read on the screen. Both are far safer than a paper copy which can be used for ID fraud and gives you the same information, but slower.
  • Banks need to consider that there are people like me who:
    * Don't use apps.
    * Don't have a smart phone.
    * Don't have a printer.
    * Don't want to check stuff online.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They do but there are a vanishingly small number of people who wish to have the security risk and environmental cost of a paper statement in the post AND who don't use a smartphone AND are unwilling to check things online. Only getting a monthly statement means a huge delay to notice and take action over fraud or mistakes hence why the vast majority are served fine with apps or online (or both). I suspect (and hope) it will become a paid service eventually as they are no longer required (not the same as desired) in the digital age. 
  • Nasqueron said:
    They do but there are a vanishingly small number of people who wish to have the security risk and environmental cost of a paper statement in the post AND who don't use a smartphone AND are unwilling to check things online. Only getting a monthly statement means a huge delay to notice and take action over fraud or mistakes hence why the vast majority are served fine with apps or online (or both). I suspect (and hope) it will become a paid service eventually as they are no longer required (not the same as desired) in the digital age. 
    But they are required be me and a rather large number of others.
    My American Express account is all online and it's a total pain in the ar*e.
    Fortunately Nat West still send paper statements.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Yes I doubt the number is vanishingly small.
  • IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Nasqueron said:
    Have you any evidence / citations to back up your assertions, or are you just making things up as you go along?

Your posting - just like the last one in which you called a paper statement "a dead tree copy" - comes across as sneering at people who simply make a different choice to you as to how they want to receive their statements.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback