Faulty product nightmare Desperately need help

2»

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,056 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Just to check that it's faulty, I would purchase from elsewhere and double check that it's not the thing you're putting it in that's faulty!

As you bought it online, then it would have been easier to return it under distance selling and pay the £3 ish postage to return it. You would then be entitled to a full refund. Depending on their T&Cs would depend on whether they are technically liable for the return postage cost too!

The money you spent on the phone call is gone. At least you know now to look up how much calls cost in future.

This company is clearly an awful one, so just keep contacting PayPal, make it clear you are happy to return the faulty product and would like a pre-paid envelope. I wouldn't trust this company to "examine" the item as they're clearly going to state it isn't faulty. 
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,848 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    jord001 said:

I just said "At this point in time either option would be an ideal solution to the problem (Either a replacement or a refund and i would return the faulty goods at their cost as its faulty). However if this is not an acceptable solution for you WE do have other options".  

I am not sure what your last sentence is insinuating however I would think very carefully as to your next email. Staff are not here to be threatened or have customers imply threats.
    This is unacceptable.

Although I don't agree, I can see how the ending "WE do have other options" could have been read as threatening if the recipient interpreted that to mean you'd be around with a group of mates from the pub and baseball bats.

You have now explained that you really only meant chargeback, but the recipient may not have known that was what you meant form the first reading of the message.

You do now seem to have the resolution you need - money refunded through chargeback and the supplier requiring the return of the item.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Niv said:
    I found the company you purchased from , they sound awful. Fingers crossed that you get your money back.
    Care to share it with the rest of us?

Given the item can be bought from multiple sources?
    Life in the slow lane
  • Alderbank
    Alderbank Posts: 2,782 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Niv said:
    I found the company you purchased from , they sound awful. Fingers crossed that you get your money back.
    Care to share it with the rest of us?

Given the item can be bought from multiple sources?
    The OP confirmed the trader as Savemylight on another forum, Electrician Forum
     https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/huibolong-htv60c1-transformer.210078/
    where he was given excellent technical advice recommending an alternative, more robust transformer.
    I believe he then very sensibly came to MSE forum for advice on his consumer rights in pursuing a refund for the faulty item from Savemylight.

Savemylight claim they are the only UK seller of the htv60c1 and I think that might be true.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback