Word in post replaced by !!!!!! ... ?

Options
dealyboy
dealyboy Posts: 1,757 Forumite
First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited 22 November 2023 at 9:36AM in Site feedback
I wrote this "... this autumn statement !!!!!! budget" in this post https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/80415628/#Comment_80415628 and the word "!!!!!!" was replaced by "!!!!!!" immediately after I'd posted.

Clearly I was just using standard English ...

Edit: ... and has happened again.

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,841 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 November 2023 at 9:52AM
    Options
    Usually when used in the sense you have it's hyphenated - so I'm interested to see what happens if I say 'autumn statement-!!!!!!-budget'

There was a similar problem in another post over on (I think) the DIY board ,where someone was saying that they couldn't turn off their water because their stopcock was jammed ...

• dealyboy
    Options
    ... painful ... I see that the hyphenated approach didn't fix it, and thanks for the grammatical advice @p00hsticks.
  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 1,863 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 22 November 2023 at 10:46AM
    Options
    I mean, can you really not understand why that word may be censored? Look at the other meaning of it.

Its whats know as the "Scunthorpe Problem".
  • dealyboy
    Options
    @la531983 said:
    I mean, can you really not understand why that word may be censored? Look at the other meaning of it.

Its whats know as the "Scunthorpe Problem".
    ... I do understand, but it is also (and primarily) an English preposition. The other meaning happens to use the same spelling ... I can think of other words with same spelling vulgar meanings but I'm not willing to experiment (even with your word) to find out what is filtered and what is not, for obvious reasons.  :)
  • mortgageFTB
    Options
    This is definitely one of these occasions where it’s best filling your thoughts and mind with other things, vs worrying about a forum’s profanity filter.

Better things to be concerned about, whether you think you’re right or wrong.
  • dealyboy
    Options
    This is definitely one of these occasions where it’s best filling your thoughts and mind with other things, vs worrying about a forum’s profanity filter.

Better things to be concerned about, whether you think you’re right or wrong.
    I know, and especially today. I hope there's good news for you  :).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback