How much do you pay for dog grooming?

Options
Hi,

Just wondering how much everyone is paying for their dog to be groomed. I’m in the north east and had prices anywhere from £20-40 for the same service (full groom/clip off on small dog).

I assume the more expensive ones will be a better finish but I’m just curious to see what everyone else is paying.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Mnoee
    Mnoee Posts: 818 Forumite
    Photogenic Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 November 2023 at 9:49PM
    Options
    I asked my partner whose parents have a small dog, he says £25. She does look fab when it's done, I can attest to that. We're in NI where things tend to be on the cheaper side. 
  • SensibleSarah
    Options
    North West and I don't have either of my (big) dogs groomed professionally, but lots of my friends do. A small to medium size doodle type tends to be around £40. 
    I have considered having one of mine done as a one off (he's a total mix of breeds and very hairy, with a combination coat) but have been quoted upwards of £60 just for a bath and trim as he's quite a large dog, so I'll stick to just brushing him at home to prevent mats - he certainly sheds plenty - so proper grooming isn't necessary. 
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £40 here in Surrey 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Shirker_Bee
    Options
    £40 for our Westie - Bath UK
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AFAIK small dog approx £25, rough collie £40. Lincolnshire.
    My own dog is a hound so he doesn't get 'grooming treatment!'.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • Shakin_Steve
    Options
    £40 for our Westie - Bath UK
    Same in sunny Barnsley for our westie.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • leinten
    leinten Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    North West and I don't have either of my (big) dogs groomed professionally, but lots of my friends do. A small to medium size doodle type tends to be around £40. 
    I have considered having one of mine done as a one off (he's a total mix of breeds and very hairy, with a combination coat) but have been quoted upwards of £60 just for a bath and trim as he's quite a large dog, so I'll stick to just brushing him at home to prevent mats - he certainly sheds plenty - so proper grooming isn't necessary. 
    Wow, that’s a lot of money for a bath and trim! 

I don’t blame you for doing it yourself 
  • millymolly22
    millymolly22 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 November 2023 at 1:34PM
    Options
    After trying out a couple of groomers unsuccessfully I now pay £50 every two months for a Scottie cross dog.  I think you also need to take into account how the dog is looked after whilst being groomed.
    I am in Manchester 
  • Lizcoles66
    Options
    In Weston Super Mare I pay £33 each for my 2 dogs, in Spain it’s €22 each! 
  • Whalie
    Whalie Posts: 209 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £40 in Wiltshire.  When phoning around that seems to be the price for a small dog total (including nail trim) groom
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback