Where do I pack camera?

For years my holiday camera has been my iPhone, but this year I’m taking with me an action camera in a case with extras, about the size of a small shoe box. 
Does it go in my checked-in suitcase, or keep it with me in my hand luggage? It has couple spare batteries with it, if that matters.
thank you all in advance 

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,311
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 12 November 2023 at 1:00PM
    I always take mine in my hand luggage. Anything with a lithium battery has to be hand luggage,  but also because if my suitcase goes AWOL, I’ve still got it.
    non-lithium batteries can go anywhere.

However anything you’re not sure about, I would suggest you check yourself on your airline’s website.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,260
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Hand luggage every time for anything of value.
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 832
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    @elsien, all batteries are to be carried in hand luggage with Emirates, need to check each airline.

• I put each spare battery inside a plastic money bag that the banks give out - prevents potential contact of external sources with the terminals.
    A very low risk - but this helps.
    Always carry cameras in hand baggage.
  • Yeah anything of any value or electronics or whatever would always go in carry on. 
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,521
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Ambassador
    Anything of value in hand luggage. This should be the case for any expensive item.

Have a lovely trip
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected].
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback