Last minute .com

Hi all 

I am having a slight disagreement with last minute.com
I thought that when booking the original flights seats there was an option to select seats costing £89. This was added to my original order.  

I am a little confused as I had to purchase the seats again when I received an email from yourselves that they were unavailable.

Speaking to chat they confirmed I had paid twice !!

Can you please clarify as my invoice does not show the breakdown of seats, but the price did include select your seats.

I am a little disappointed with booking through last minute as I thought it would be an easy process

They refunded me £38.91 when I paid £89

this is their response 

We verified the records while placing the booking, and you asked to add seats. Nevertheless, the airline did not confirm the seats. We have given you a refund for it. 

After that, you wish to book the seats again, and our handling fees are 10 euros per passenger and per route. We have already passed this information to you via quotation email. Keep in mind that the cost of a seat may change depending on the type of seat.

I asked for a breakdown of the seat request 

We understand your request about the seat services which was not confirmed and due to this we have processed the refund for the seat request refund.

However the service information shown in their requested invoice complies with local regulations and is correct and as such we are unable to provide a breakdown.

As per the terms and conditions from our end to process the seats there will be handling charges 10.00 EUR which will be applicable along with the charges depending upon the airlines.

Basically they haven’t refunded the handling fee.  I am quite cross as they haven’t said this at all, am I entitled to the handling fee refund due to them not confirming the details with the airline 

Please if anyone can advise 

Many thanks

Cheryl 

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 29,776
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    The business model of intermediaries like that is to seduce punters with appealing headline prices for flights and then to gouge them with inflated additional fees on extras like baggage and seats, plus changes, refunds, etc.

I suspect that they'd be able to argue to a court (in Switzerland) that they're entitled to charge a handling fee even when their request to the airline on your behalf is declined - no harm in trying to make a case that they're not, but realistically your options are limited if they disagree.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback