Problems linking bank account

Options
I linked my bank accounts to the app - or so I thought - only for the app to then get stuck between the two (the app and the linking process), with the result being having to confirm identity using biometrics and inputting my 6-digit code.

Both of these failed and I waa redirected from one to the other with neither accepting my access credentials. I was effectively stuck in a weird loop. 

Has anyone else experienced such fun? 

Comments

• MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What do you mean by linking my bank to the app ?

Down load the banks app, log in with your account details, thats it

If you want to do online banking then you might have to do the biometric validification
  • DigSunPap
    DigSunPap Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have this problem all the time with Natwest. Constantly having to change my passwords etc. Dont have the same problem with any other bank
  • MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    DigSunPap said:
    Have this problem all the time with Natwest. Constantly having to change my passwords etc. Dont have the same problem with any other bank
    Strange. I have 10 banking apps of 10 banks all of which i log in with facial recognition including NatWest, no passwords required 
  • MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,184 Community Admin
    First Post First Anniversary Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Options
    I think @669_Duck's post is about the MSE app which has open banking integration.

I've raised your query with the app team - you can also email AppSupport@MoneySavingExpert.com for assistance 
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • DigSunPap
    DigSunPap Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    MikeJXE said:
    DigSunPap said:
    Strange. I have 10 banking apps of 10 banks all of which i log in with facial recognition including NatWest, no passwords required 
    Would love it if my app did this. All my other have face ID but Natwest requires my passcode. Maybe I just need to change the settings
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't allow the MSE app access to your bank accounts.  There are unintended consequences if you run your current account with minimal funds keeping the cash in high interest accounts instead, transferring when necessary, as the AI assumes you poorly manage your account.  There is no need for them to see your current account data. It only benefits them.
  • DigSunPap
    Options
    molerat said:
    Don't allow the MSE app access to your bank accounts.  There are unintended consequences if you run your current account with minimal funds keeping the cash in high interest accounts instead, transferring when necessary, as the AI assumes you poorly manage your account.  There is no need for them to see your current account data. It only benefits them.
    I dont think he meant linking to the mse app? Thought the OP meant his normal banking apps. I could have misinterpreted though.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback