Barclays cashback

Hi,

The mse advice is to join the blue rewards product to your account once your you have a new bank account setup.  However do you actually need blue reward if the app automatically upgrades you to the premier current account?  I was forced to do this after entering all my details so I am left with this bank account type, but the promotion suggests you don't need to apply for blue rewards if you have this account type.  Can anyone confirm?

Thanks 

Comments

• PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,639
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi,

The mse advice is to join the blue rewards product to your account once your you have a new bank account setup.  However do you actually need blue reward if the app automatically upgrades you to the premier current account?  I was forced to do this after entering all my details so I am left with this bank account type, but the promotion suggests you don't need to apply for blue rewards if you have this account type.  Can anyone confirm?

Thanks 
    Assuming you're talking about the Barclays £175 switch incentive discussed here? https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6482594/barclays-175-switch-offer-new-customers-only-nov-1-30-2023/p1

From the T&Cs, a premier account should be okay by itself - although it's probably safer to enable Blue Rewards as well just on the off chance they try and decline your incentive for not activating it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback