watchman sensor

Options
2»

Comments

• Reed_Richards
    Options
    I bought a new house and inherited an oil tank with a Watchman that didn't work.  I looked at the cost of replacing it, thought about how useful it would be, and went with the garden cane method instead.  
    Reed
  • Dustyevsky
    Dustyevsky Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Homepage Hero Photogenic
    Options
    I bought a new house and inherited an oil tank with a Watchman that didn't work.  I looked at the cost of replacing it, thought about how useful it would be, and went with the garden cane method instead.  
    I had a well-finished softwood stick with about 7 years data on it. It never failed me. Someone who enjoys woodwork now lives here. In November, I was forced to guess, resulting in my first fine of £10 for partial delivery. :|

The two most important days of your life are: the day you were born, and the day you find out why.
  • CliveOfIndia
    Options

In November, I was forced to guess, resulting in my first fine of £10 for partial delivery. :|

You were fined for a partial delivery?  What, you mean because you ordered 1000 litres and they could only fit in 900 or whatever, they fined you?  I've never come across that in all the years I've been using oil, from multiple different suppliers.  I always order 1000 litres at a time, and more often than not they can only get 950 or so in, but it's never been an issue.
    I guess it may be understandable if they were only able to fit in less than 500 litres, as that's usually the minimum order quantity.  Or perhaps if you ordered 1000 and they only gave you 850, since 900 always seems to be (in my experience) the cut-off point at which the price-per-litre drops slightly.

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 December 2023 at 12:33PM
    Options
    You can pick up used Apollos on ebay relatively cheaply.  Just avoid the modern digital version.   Many people, ourselves included, have found the alarm sounds on it daily and often multiple times a day for no reason. Even with alarm turned off in the settings.  Shame really as I had the configuration on it set quite accurately.    Now I am back on the older but reliable 10 bar plug socket version.   
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback