No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries - November 2023

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    On another note, on Friday my boss came into work with the Christmas list from his 11 year old daughter. Items on the list included Drunk Elephant cleanser, Bum Bum cream and a Diir blush. Just shows hiw pursuasive Tik Tok is. 
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM said:
    On another note, on Friday my boss came into work with the Christmas list from his 11 year old daughter. Items on the list included Drunk Elephant cleanser, Bum Bum cream and a Diir blush. Just shows hiw pursuasive Tik Tok is. 
    That's horrifying!!!
    Jan Grocery Challenge 2023:  £181.18/£400
    OSWLC 2023 Q1:  0/10
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,891 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    That is sad - at 11 there should be so much more fun to be had than Drunk Elephant etc!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • VALM
    Probably the last UU of the month - Sure deodorant. I thimk i now prefer these stick type deodorants.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Watty1
    Two more UU: Baylis & Harding Sweet mandarin and grapefruit moisturising body lotion - a neither here nor there product that was a hotel room pick up.     Rituals foaming shower gel: ritual of Oudh. I think that is the last of the foaming shower gels but would not be surprised for more to fall out of a cupboard!  Nice strong fragrance. 

Have 2 more products on last legs so maybe more before end of the month

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • VALM
    This will definitely be my last UU this month.

Essie Playing Koi nail lacquer. Want to repurchase this.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Well done on finishing a nail polsh, @VALM - nice colour too!

A few last UUs for me this month:
    • Kerastase Résistance Shampoo Mini- free GWP
    • Maison Margiela Replica- 2ml travel- Lazy Sunday Morning: I enjoyed both these two fragrances, though not enough to want to buy a larger size of either.  But clearly nice, as I used them up first!
    • Maison Margiela Replica- 2ml travel- Under the Lemon Trees
    Gave Away
    • Kerastase Curl Manifesto Fondant Hydration Conditioner- 10ml free GWP

Oh, and I hit a pan in my Beauty Bay Berries 16 pan palette, in the shade Rosewood.

Overall 24 products out, but 25 products in- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek (I blame the Kerastase samples  :D).  December will hopefully not be as mad- I have to buy a travel deo, new mascara and I might treat myself to a new lipbalm or lip oil but aside from that I don't want/need anything. 

I might set some purchase limits next year, eg 5 x nail polish and 2 x eyeshadow palettes.  As I will undoubtedly buy, but if I have a 5 polish limit for instance, I will be more selective and critical about what I am bringing in.  Either way, I need to do something differently, as I have not no-bought this year, and calling it a low-buy would be pushing it as well, as have still spent a lot of money this year.  Going to have a good think on it, and then decide.
  • Watty1
    My aim for next year is to get back to products I love and that work.  I remind myself of a lovely flat I had in my 20s when everything fitted on a small shelf and a make up bag rather than the brimming cupboards of stuff I don't love.

UU E45 Shampoo. 

Replaced at the point this was nearly empty.  The hair loss shampoo brought back the scalp eczema so returned to this and it has cleared.  The shampoo will be relegated to hand wash at some point although still have 3 hand washes and 6 soaps to UU

UU Rituals Sleep Mist Pillow Spray.   Nice fragrance but not effective at helping with sleep.  Will not buy again.

• Sounds like an excellent goal @Watty1!  I can't imagine all my stuff fitting on one shelf, I still have a ways to go on that score, although having had to bin or get rid of a lot of skincare products this year due to the allergic reactions I've had has helped!  :D

I definitely want to finish up the recently expired stuff on my body, so those will all go on my PP list next year.  I'd also like to use up a few of my single shadows, esp some of the more boring ones (on WFH days  :D ), so might put one or two on there.  They'll take a long time to finish, shadow lasts forever, but would be good to minimise some of that clutter. 

What I probably need to do is stop watching makeup youtube really- if I don't know about the products, I won't want to buy the products.  That would be a challenge, weening myself off youtube!
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,526 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    New Thread is Here
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback