MUA Cupcake Blush
    Percy & Reed mousse.
    The Ordinary Cleanser DONE
    ELF Concealer. DONE

Added
    Aloe Vera shower gel 
    Skinsense Mask

Skin Ceutinels Hyaluronic serum

The Ordinary Cleanser. This is great however i want to reduce tge amount of cleabser I buy so am going to use Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser in the AM as well as for my second cleanse in tge PM.

ELF Concealer. HG. Replacement from stash.

Original Spurce Tea Tree and Mint shower gel. I use this for cleaning my make up brushes and recently have been bathing in it as ive hurt my back.

IN I bought the Lacura Fragrance Free body lotion as i didnt go to Tesco to pick up my favourite Garnier one (although I only like to get this on Special Offer). Its ok but doesnt absorb as well as the Garnier one.

I called into Sainsburys on Tuesday night and bought a replacement Original Source shower gel, 2 x Phil Smith Dry Shampoo and mouthwash.  The dry shampoo is a new HG .  Keeps my hair clean in between washes. Ie Does what it says on the tin.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Adding Lacura eye cream and Maybelline Fit Me Primer to PP List.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • UUs

• Beauty of Joseon - Revive Eye Serum [30ml]:  This has been open a LONG time, and wasn't planning to use it again post-eczema, but it was practically finished, tube all flat so I was just going to bin it.  I did one pump on my hands to see if there was much left and boom, 2nd pump- nothing came out- it was actually finished! :lol:  Will be a little while before I attempt retinal on my face, I might see how I am doing my Feb and if I have had no flare ups I might try it once a week, provided I am keeping the rest of my skincare basic I think.  Will see.  Have to figure out what I would like to reintroduce, whilst keeping it as basic as poss so that my face doesnt freak out.
    • Mad About Skin- Protect & Hydrate Sunscreen SPF50 PA++++ 100ml:  HG, already purchased the replacement.
    Jan Grocery Challenge 2023:  £181.18/£400
    OSWLC 2023 Q1:  0/10
  • UU

• Nivea Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover:   Going through these very quickly now that I seem to be avoiding double cleansing (maybe cos it's cold now I don't want a wet face?).  I think I need to stop being so lazy and get back on the double cleanse again cos I whizz through these far too quickly otherwise!
    • I'm from - Fig Boosting Essence:   Mostly done (using on body as it's technically expired) and decanted the rest, so since I am getting rid of the bottle I will count this as done so that I remember it.  Wouldn't buy again as I'm not really sure what the point of it is.

I've had a bit of a sort of of my products- have gone through and checked when I opened products and expiry dates, and expiry once opened, and wow- because I haven't been able to really been able to use products since Easter, so many have no expired.  Am glad I had some time to go through it all.  It's VERY eye-opening- a lot of the products were 6M after opening, which is VERY short, so something to be aware of when I do start using more skincare products again, and skincare purchases- what a waste of product AND a waste of money!!!

Gave Away
    • NEOGEN - Dermalogy Real Ferment Micro Toner:   I want to get back to exfoliators at some point, but I have two already that I've used before that don't irritate, so don't want to risk this one esp since it has the fermented ingredients.  Plus by the time I'd used the others up (which would take a hundred years cos I'd only use them once a week, this would expire), so giving it to a friend/taking it into work- someone will want it
    • Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Toner:  Ditto this- wont get to it before expiry, so giving away.

Throw Away
    • Nature Republic - Real Nature Sheet Mask- Aloe: Checked the date on this and it's expired, so binning it. I think this was in a set bought a while ago and apparently I didn't want to use this one
    • Isntree- Chestnut AHA 8% Clear Essence: Expiry is 6 months after opening apparently- WHO CAN GET THROUGH 100ML OF EXFOLIATOR IN 6 MONTHS!?!  Perhaps for exfoliator it would be better to buy a mini next time?  I've had this open for a year, so bye bye.  I liked it, but in a bid to keep my routine as simple as possible, when I am ready to, I'm planning to buy a AHA/BHA combo product such as the Purito one.
    • COSRX - Refresh AHA BHA Vitamin C Lip Plumper: Expired.  I did like this, it did make lips soft and plump, but I probably won't repurchase.
    • Mad about Skin - Nourishing Lip Conditioner:  Expired- been open more than 6mth and as it’s a lip product and that's where the bulk of my skin issues were- around my mouth area, I'm binning this.  I would use it up on say elbows or whatever, but I already have my cetraben ointment and petroleum jelly I could use for that, and they will last forever, so sadly, throwing this away.
    • The INKEY List™ Succinic Acid Treatment 15ml:  Opened in Feb, and tube says use within 6 months, so this too has expired.  Sad times

AND I have a LOAD more stuff that's expired, but not too long expired, so I'm gonna try and use them up on my body so it's not such a huge waste of money! 

Honestly, this was a very eye-opening exercise, and moving forward I will be more careful with what I buy!  And also with how many products I open at the same time, to ensure that I can focus on particular items to get through them before they expire.

• UU

• Sample sachet- Kerastase-Blond-Absolu-Cicaplasme:   Used a portion and then decanted the rest into my bottle of the stuff.  I do like this, but I don’t think I'll be having any highlights or anything for a while, so once this is done, I am going to get one of their other protectant products as they last AGES- I am halfway through my bottle and I got it in Feb- so although not cheap it has been fairly economical in the end.
    • Elf Happy Hydration Cream (Cannabis Sativa):  Nice gel-cream type product.  Shame I didn't try it another time rather than this year, as I finished it up on my body in the end.  Probably wouldn't purchase again as I can't say for definite it didn't help contribute to my skin woes this year.
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,874 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 November 2023 at 12:35PM
    Thrown: one lip balm.  I realised it was drying my lips.  Not naming as it is a very small brand.  Instead have wiped a bit of hyaluronic acid over lips this morning and last night and feel they are much better already from the dry peeling chapped mess whilst using it.

Thrown away Marval Dakar nail polish. Loved the colour but to thick and cloggy to be used.  Tried adding a bit of remover but the coverage was not great.  Also threw out Nails Inc Basil Street polish.  Was fine but the colour is not me and just makes my hands look "old" in my opinion.

I am now out of nail varnish other than clear but still not going to buy any more as rarely paint nails and prefer to get the village spa place to do a manicure (not MSE I know but a true confession)

Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • VALM
    UU Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. HG. Have replacement ready.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,874 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    UU L'Occitane handcream.   Very nice but have another two hand creams to use up so not buying.

Struggle:  I am very near the end of a sample of Verso Night Cream.  It was a very generous sample, probably travel size and I have loved it. I have 2 other retinol creams to use up though plus a retinol eyecream but the black friday deals are just so tempting ....ok so I have just thought., It will probably be there in january sales (closes shopping windows)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Watty1 said:
    UU L'Occitane handcream.   Very nice but have another two hand creams to use up so not buying.

Struggle:  I am very near the end of a sample of Verso Night Cream.  It was a very generous sample, probably travel size and I have loved it. I have 2 other retinol creams to use up though plus a retinol eyecream but the black friday deals are just so tempting ....ok so I have just thought., It will probably be there in january sales (closes shopping windows)
    I'm trying to remind myself that there will always be offers and deals so that I don't panic buy and overstock!
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 13/53 UU, 11 IN
  • VALM
    @Watty1 well done on resisting tghe sale when you dont need it. I also resisted the recent ABC Skincare TSV in QVC. I have at 500ml bottke in my stash and a litre bottle on the go. 

I dud get a fabulous non beuty deal on BF though. We are away next weekend for MRM''s birthday. I booked the hotel in January. Its part of the Robinson Group. They had a 10% off deal on gift vouchers which can be used against the cist of accommodation and food. So pleased with this saving 

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport