No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries - November 2023

Comments

• OMG Oden's Eye is re-releasing their Christmas palettes from last year, and I have kicked myself this entire time for not picking it up- it was my biggest regret that I passed these up, and usually those regret/sad feelings go away but they never did with this one.  But I am so conflicted now, I just don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Will I DOUBLE regret it, if I don't get it this year!?  I always said if they re-released it I would pick it up, but I really don't know now. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the dilemma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

We just spent a fortune on Green Day tickets and tickets to see the musical Six, so really, should not be spending £50 on eyeshadow!

I do also have all the colours so I could vaguely dupe it out.  Over different palettes/singles so not all in one easily reachable palette, but I have the gist of it- greens, red, orange, a bit of pink and some golds. I mean, it would not be unique to my collection I don't think.  PLUS, I've recently been feeling a bit overwhelmed by my eyeshadows- there are always palettes I don't get to as I only have two eyelids!

I think I won't be getting this palette.  I immediately regret this decision  :D but I think I am going to pass on it. 
    Jan Grocery Challenge 2023:  £181.18/£400
    OSWLC 2023 Q1:  0/10
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    @Clutterbug07 well done on reasoning out the non purchase of the Odins Eye palette.  I feel overwhelmed by the amount i have too. I think ive only panned 7 fully this year so will never work through them before they go bad.  Were you due to see the Green Day gig that was cancelled?
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Updated PP List

Nip & FAB wipes
    Laura Geller Peach sorbet 
    Charlotte Tilbury red vixen 
    MUA Cupcake Blush
    Percy & Reed mousse.
    The Ordinary Cleanser 
    ELF Concealer. 

Added
    Aloe Vera shower gel 
    Skinsense Mask

Skin Ceutinels Hyaluronic serum

Q&A Ceramide Serum Body Lotion. Not impressed enough to repurchase. Garnier body lotion does the same job.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Another TA:  Rituals Foaming Shower Gel which just will not come out of the press top can. I think they must have just "given up" in storage.  Which really was the point of this thread, why let stuff spoil in storage. I have another few shower gels to use up.  Currently using a Rituals foaming one (can't remember which one ) that smells very sensual and late night.                                                                        
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • VALM
    2 UUs 

BlabzBeautyBar Lady Millionaire cuticle oil. I love these. The pen dispensers are so easy to use.  Replacement ready.

Tesco nail polish rwmover.  HG. Replacement ready.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM said:
    @Clutterbug07 well done on reasoning out the non purchase of the Odins Eye palette.  I feel overwhelmed by the amount i have too. I think ive only panned 7 fully this year so will never work through them before they go bad.  Were you due to see the Green Day gig that was cancelled?
    hahaha thanks @VALM - you could probably tell I was having real dilemmas about it, but it's the right call.  Well done for panning 7 eyeshadows- panned as in completly finished or as in hit pan?  Either way, very good considering we probs all have way too much eye makeup!

Next year I'm thinking of maybe using one palette a week and seeing how many different looks I can come up with throughout the week before moving onto the next one.  I think will be good for me to cycle through my palettes like this, as there are some that I definitely don't know as well as I should!

Nope, not due to see one that was cancelled- we just got tickets for their tour next year- June 2024 at Wembley- haven't seen them live before, should be really good!  It was not cheap....  :# it'll be amazin though so it's worth it.  I have to keep reminding myself- experiences over stuff!
  • VALM
    @Clutterbug07 7 used entirely. I do have pan in 9 others but reasonably think ill only finish one more before the end of the year.

I heard on the Frank Skinner show that a small Green Day gig in London was cancelled while people were queuing outside.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Another UU OGX Coconut shampoo. Have replacement ready.

IN At the weekend i bought the Lacura fragrance free body lotion as i was out of my Garnier one.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM said:
    @Clutterbug07 7 used entirely. I do have pan in 9 others but reasonably think ill only finish one more before the end of the year.

I heard on the Frank Skinner show that a small Green Day gig in London was cancelled while people were queuing outside.
    omg that's so bad!!  The one we're going to is a biggie- I don't think they could cancel when people were queuing up- there'd be a riot! :l:lol:

Well done on the 7 entirely used up shadows- that's excellent work!  I just checked my sheet and I've only finished 4 this year and I don't have any even remotely near finishing, so that'll be it for me now with that I think.

2 x UUs this morning:
    • OGX Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo 385ml: Quite liked this, cleaned hair nicely. WBA.  Have my Kerastase now for a bit though so no new purchase required.
    • Maui- Volume Boost Bamboo Fibres Conditioner: Didn't think much of this- has a thin consistency so it never felt conditioning enough, and I did not like the smell. Would not repurchase.
  • Clutterbug07
    Clutterbug07 Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 16 November 2023 at 1:41PM
    Just realised I forgot to say I ordered some Kerastase hair products the other week as my shamp/cond were running v low (they had a 20% discount it wasn't as expensive as they usually are either!), so a few INS:

• Kerastase Genesis Bain Hydra-Fortifiant Shampoo
    • Kerastase Genesis Fondant Renforcateur Conditioner
    And then they sent me a load of free samples too, so I have little sachets of the following:
    • Kerastase-Blond-Absolu-Cicaplasme- 10ml:  already have the full size of this, half used up, so I know I like it!
    • Kerastase Curl Manifesto Fondant Hydratation Conditioner- 10ml 
    • Kerastase Résistance Shampoo Mini: an actual little bottle.
    • Kerastase Bain Divalent Shampoo - 10 ml 
    • Kerastase Masque Spécifique 15ML 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills