Day/date stamp on photo/vid of meters

castle96
castle96 Posts: 2,875
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
Have tried bothbut no date stamps. Is this a thing of thepast, or...how?  Tia

Comments

• castle96 said:
    Most likely in the settings of the device you're using to take the photo/video.
  • Not sure what you mean, but you don’t say what you are using for the camera, or do you mean you want the date/time on the finished shot?
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • The date and time will be in the metadata of any digital image, so if it's as evidence for something then you just need to send the original image - embedded dates can be added/changed in photoshop so not really 'admissible' if that makes sense. 

How to find: https://www.canto.com/blog/photo-metadata/

If you want it for a different reason, it's not an inbuilt function on the iPhone or (afaik) android camera apps, but there are plenty of apps you could download. Just search in the app store. 
    I'm not an early bird or a night owl; I’m some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.
  • castle96
    Forumite
    I use what is already on camera  (Huwawi). Just press on it. If I send an email of thispic as proof, ned a day/date stamp on it or it could be last year without
  • ArbitraryRandom
    ArbitraryRandom Posts: 2,335
    First Anniversary First Post Homepage Hero Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 2 November 2023 at 4:00PM
    Can you give the specific make and model of your camera and we can see if we can find the manual online? 

All digital pictures (inc from a camera rather than a phone etc) should have meta data which captures the date and time of the picture. 
    I'm not an early bird or a night owl; I’m some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.
  • I'm also going to suggest this is moved to tech :) 
  • Anyone can put any date on a picture and it won’t be proof, the metadata on the image will say when where etc but that can be spoofed/edited too. 
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 9,119
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The date and time will be in the metadata of any digital image, so if it's as evidence for something then you just need to send the original image - embedded dates can be added/changed in photoshop so not really 'admissible' if that makes sense. 

How to find: https://www.canto.com/blog/photo-metadata/

If you want it for a different reason, it's not an inbuilt function on the iPhone or (afaik) android camera apps, but there are plenty of apps you could download. Just search in the app store. 
    The meta data is equally fully editable and so just as admissible/inadmissible as you or the camera adding the date to the photo itself. 

castle96 said:
    What are you trying to achieve? As mentioned, anyone can add any date to any photo. 
    What equipment are you using? Pre-smart devices the time/date is set by the person taking the photo and so is even less of evidence than smart devices which at least tend to set the time off the internet (but again can be overridden) 
  • castle96
    Forumite
    Photo taken 2 days ago. I want ot PROVE that
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 9,119
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 2 November 2023 at 4:17PM
    castle96 said:
    Photo taken 2 days ago. I want ot PROVE that
    You can't, is ultimately the answer.

The meta data in the photo will say when it was taken but there are hundreds of apps you can download that would allow you to change that date
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback