Anglian Water Bill - Doubled - Anyone else?

Options
I know water bills were going up, but is doubling normal?

Mine has just doubled from £34 to £68! Usage has not increased.

Comments

• la531983
    la531983 Posts: 1,861 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Can you compare the unit costs from an old bill with the current one? Hard for anyone to gauge if its reasonable or not.

Also I assume this is a monthly DD, if you held a debit balance the increase will be to get that shifted over the next year as well as accounting for any price increases.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,609 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    as above, please clarify whether its the bill or the direct debit that has increased (a DD is not the bill, it just a payment towards the bill).
    I guess you have a water meter - has it been read recently?. Do you read it yourself  to check that the meter reading that they are using on the bill(not the DD) actually reflects your consumption rather than using an estimate.

I'm with AW and they do occasionally do strange things with their direct debits after a meter read - we tend to use more water in the summer than in the winter, so they sometimes ramp up the DD if they read the meter in October or November because they extrapolate our summer consumption through the winter and then have to reduce it in April/May when they read it again.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure