Applying For Probate Online - Technical Problems

Options
I applied for Probate on Monday and the application went through fine.   

I paid the online fee at the end and received an email saying my payment had been successful. 

However, I then expected to click through to a different page on the website advising me what documents to send and with a coversheet etc and to receive maybe an email from them (I didn't know what to expect).  However, instead it went back to the screen saying Pay and Submit Application, where it is now permanently stuck.  Also, on the probate application page, the matter still said 'In Progress' in yellow.

I have called them 4 times this week and eventually spoke to someone in accounts who has married up my payment reference number with the Case ID Number and the status has gone from being 'In Progress' in yellow to being 'Sent' in green (although the other screen still says Pay and Submit Application.

Every time I've spoken to the Probate office they have just told me to send the documents in anyway.  I have made up my own coversheet and have found the address to send the documents to.  I just hope they are able to access my online application from their end.

The process has seemed fairly straight forward, apart from this technical glitch which has put my stress levels through the roof.  I gather others have had similar issues one way or an other.

Comments

• concept23
    concept23 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I applied for Probate on Monday and the application went through fine.   

I paid the online fee at the end and received an email saying my payment had been successful. 

However, I then expected to click through to a different page on the website advising me what documents to send and with a coversheet etc and to receive maybe an email from them (I didn't know what to expect).  However, instead it went back to the screen saying Pay and Submit Application, where it is now permanently stuck.  Also, on the probate application page, the matter still said 'In Progress' in yellow.

I have called them 4 times this week and eventually spoke to someone in accounts who has married up my payment reference number with the Case ID Number and the status has gone from being 'In Progress' in yellow to being 'Sent' in green (although the other screen still says Pay and Submit Application.

Every time I've spoken to the Probate office they have just told me to send the documents in anyway.  I have made up my own coversheet and have found the address to send the documents to.  I just hope they are able to access my online application from their end.

The process has seemed fairly straight forward, apart from this technical glitch which has put my stress levels through the roof.  I gather others have had similar issues one way or an other.

Hi StrugglingExecutor

I just had a very similar problem to you.  My online application went wrong on paying but the money has been debited from my account and I have received the payment confirmation email.  However the website wanted me to pay again and the status still showed as "In progress".  After a phone call, they confirmed that payment had been received and they manually changed the status which now shows as a green "Sent", but the linked web page still wants me to pay again.  I was told to send supporting documents, which has been done. 

My question is whether it all went through for you OK after you got the green "Sent" status and your grant was finally issued.  Or were there further problems that arose from this online application hiccup?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback