We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Nous co

2»

Comments

  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 25,125 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    Almost as if this thread was started as an advert  ;)
    Well MSE have a button for just that 😜
    Life in the slow lane
  • Loveworm
    Loveworm Posts: 3 Newbie
    Fifth Anniversary First Post

    Be extremely careful—my energy supply was switched without my informed consent

    I used Nous to investigate whether I could save money on my gas and electricity. I did not knowingly authorise them to cancel my Utility Warehouse supply or transfer me to Fuse Energy.

    When I discovered what had happened, Nous assured me that the switch had been stopped and that there was “nothing further to cancel”. However, I subsequently received an email requesting a final gas meter reading so that another supplier could start billing me. Fuse Energy has now also scheduled a £44.55 payment from my bank account, which I have had to block.

    Nous left me to contact Utility Warehouse and ask them to take back my supply. UW were extremely helpful, responded promptly and swiftly arranged to return my supply to them.

    Despite repeatedly raising the problem with Nous, their responses have largely consisted of saying that it has been “passed to the team”, without providing clear confirmation that the erroneous transfer and associated billing have been fully resolved.

    My Nous account was showing Manual mode, yet I have still spent considerable time contacting Nous, UW, Fuse Energy and my bank to undo a switch I did not knowingly request.

    My advice is to be extremely cautious when entering information into Nous. Check the selected savings mode carefully and understand that what may appear to be a price-checking exercise could apparently lead to an actual supplier switch. Keep screenshots of every setting and communication.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.